+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm Back

I'm Back

Good Morning All. You will be relieved to hear that I have returned from doing secret, crucial stuff in Arundel and I can put you all right on several issues that have been troubling you in my absence.

TORY PARTY LEADERSHIP It is obvious that the two candidates are sh1te. Both promising stuff they know won't happen and both trying to outspend Corbyn without telling us how to fund it. Vote Lib Dem.

LABOUR PARTY Totally unelectable. Cannot reach a viable stance on Brexit or anything. The anti-semitism thing is getting worse and over 100 Labour MP's and peers have had enough. Vote Lib Dem.

ISRAEL/PALESTINE will only be solved by dialogue but both sides need to openly recognise that the other state exists before this happens.

LIB DEM NEW LEADER I saw a kind of hustings yesterday and Victoria Derbyshire commented that "both of you seem to be saying the same thing" as if that was bad. Refreshing and heartening to see a political party actually not at war with itself. Vote Lib Dem.

NEW SIGNINGS Patience is a virtue and not many on here have any. I am confident that when we kick off in August we will have a decent team.

Anything else that I've missed that you want me to clear up for you?

Welcome back.

Are you aware that, whilst you were in that wonderful place called Arundel, with its lovely cricket ground which I used to love playing on, you have missed Brexit.
    There was no big fuss, they just did it through the back door while some parties were trying to find someone to lead them and the Labour Party were being the Labour Party and doing nothing.
    Mind you, nothing has changed at all.

Good morning Super!

Yes, Arundel is a terrific place and we really enjoyed it. Mrs 59-60 and her daughter spent time visiting the castle and surrounding area while I was getting rid of rust and painting my brother in law's barge. He lives on it and it is situated in an idyllic spot on the River Arun.

The cricket ground is brilliant - who did you play for? I always remember John Arlott commentating on the John Player league fixtures when they played there - he used to love it.

I vaguely remember Brexit - can you remind me what it's all about? I've been out of the loop recently

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Good morning Super!

Yes, Arundel is a terrific place and we really enjoyed it. Mrs 59-60 and her daughter spent time visiting the castle and surrounding area while I was getting rid of rust and painting my brother in law's barge. He lives on it and it is situated in an idyllic spot on the River Arun.

The cricket ground is brilliant - who did you play for? I always remember John Arlott commentating on the John Player league fixtures when they played there - he used to love it.

I vaguely remember Brexit - can you remind me what it's all about? I've been out of the loop recently
    I played cricket for the RAF and we used to play a couple of games there every year, it is a brilliant gound in such a wonderful setting.
    Keep looking at this board, 59_60, and you will soon get back into the political swing and Brexit, meanwhile I shall just continue enjoying life to its full extent and remain stress free.

This morning started off lovely but the dreaded sea fret has just appeared with the tide coming in ---probably improve later when it starts to go out.

It's great living besides the sea though Super.
    We have the most fantastic view across Morecambe Bay to the lakeland hills on the horizon.

Just got back from walking our dog on the beach - we can't imagine living away from the sea any more.

Two dolphin have been spotted in the bay recently to add even more interest.

It's great living besides the sea though Super.
    We have the most fantastic view across Morecambe Bay to the lakeland hills on the horizon.

Just got back from walking our dog on the beach - we can't imagine living away from the sea any more.

Two dolphin have been spotted in the bay recently to add even more interest.
    Very true and you do have great views across Morecambe Bay.
    High tide was one hour ago and the seas fret is disappearing and the sun is out.

When Blyth Power Station was open it was very common to see sharks around the area because of the warmer water coming from the outflow. We also have plenty of wildlife along the river ---it is a great place to live.

Good Morning All. You will be relieved to hear that I have returned from doing secret, crucial stuff in Arundel and I can put you all right on several issues that have been troubling you in my absence.

TORY PARTY LEADERSHIP It is obvious that the two candidates are sh1te. Both promising stuff they know won't happen and both trying to outspend Corbyn without telling us how to fund it. Vote Lib Dem.

LABOUR PARTY Totally unelectable. Cannot reach a viable stance on Brexit or anything. The anti-semitism thing is getting worse and over 100 Labour MP's and peers have had enough. Vote Lib Dem.

ISRAEL/PALESTINE will only be solved by dialogue but both sides need to openly recognise that the other state exists before this happens.

LIB DEM NEW LEADER I saw a kind of hustings yesterday and Victoria Derbyshire commented that "both of you seem to be saying the same thing" as if that was bad. Refreshing and heartening to see a political party actually not at war with itself. Vote Lib Dem.

NEW SIGNINGS Patience is a virtue and not many on here have any. I am confident that when we kick off in August we will have a decent team.

Welcome back 59-60
    Your losing it though

What time's the train back to Sus***..?

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Welcome back 59-60
    Your losing it though
    Don't encourage him army.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Welcome back 59-60
    Your losing it though
    Thank you Army!

I think....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)