Get your very own personalised Fir Park Messages gifts!

Thread: Turnbull fails medical

Turnbull fails medical

Rumour mill suggests that David Turnbull has hit a problem in his medical to Celtic deal could now be off

As reported by the Daily Record. Don't believe everything they tell you

If this is true then I hope the club is getting the right people to put a supportive arm around his shoulders and help him to get through this. Very hard at 19 to have something life changing snatched away unexpectedly. Whatever the issue is, get the best medical experts on it, get it sorted, get him back in Claret and Amber and get him back to being the great young player we know he is. Do not sell him for a knock down price to Celtic. Bring him home to Fir Park and give him all the help we can.

Twitter and Sky news now confirming problem regarding medical. Information is that problem was noticed at medical in Manchester at weekend and results passed to Celtic who had another medical carried out today which confirmed problem

Turnbull has a problem with his knee which requires a minor operation ASAP and will keep him out for 10 to12 weeks. Sources are saying deal with Celtic is still likely to go ahead but no confirmation as to when deal will be done before or after operation

Even 10 weeks takes us beyond the transfer deadline.

Celtic either need to buy him now or the deal is off surely.

Nothing would surprise me if we have Turnbull until January window when no doubt Celtic will come back for him with a reduced offer

If his form has dropped off, sure. On the other hand, if he keeps going like the last few months we can ask for more.

The obvious solution is they buy him as agreed but loan him back to us till January for a couple of hundred grand. Everyone a winner and no-one loses face.

No, if he signs with Celtic dont want him back on loan to develop their talent further. Good luck to the lad and thanks for his efforts and goals last sesson but we need to break it off once he goes. However, would have taken him back on loan if he had went to Norwich, as his further development would not assist a direct competitor.

It's a stretch to call Celtic a direct competitor...same league, different world.

It would not only give us an excellent player for another four months it also mitigates the risk he is - no matter how minor the op - not quite the same afterwards and suddenly not worth half of what he is now.

When we face them at either Fir Park or their ground they are direct competitors ......whatever they do or achieve over the rest of the season I could not give a ff. So for at least 4 games they are direct competitors.

Plus when it comes to Cup competitions they are a competitor. We lost two Cup Finals to them recently and didn't lay a glove on them in either, so when we are losing our best players to them on top of that then it's a massive blow to us.

As for the deal, something just feels dodgy about the whole thing. I reckon Celtic are trying to get a cut price deal here.

Or having a player we normally could no longer keep helps us get the points to finish high up the table...or Celtic lose somewhere else and we have a great player playing in our own cup run.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Or having a player we normally could no longer keep helps us get the points to finish high up the table...or Celtic lose somewhere else and we have a great player playing in our own cup run.
    I'm not a conspiracy theorist - honest! - but why did David have to go to Manchester for his medical? Scotland doesn't lag behind in medicine - I wonder if he was sent there because something needing a second opinion emerged? Not that it matters much how events developed - he's out for weeks either way. I just hope that his op is successful.