+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emma Barnett on Newsnight

Emma Barnett on Newsnight

The difference between her questioning of Tory Andrew Mitchell and the female SNP MP was stark.

Constantly ranting at Mitchell and not letting him reply yet calm and measured when interviewing the SNP lady.

Somebody needs to pull her and the rest of this failing corporation into line.

This shrieking,hectoring style of interviewing has no place on the BBC......she’s another one to gain due to “equality” because there’s no way 15-30 years ago she’d have got past Robin Day,Brian Walden,either Dimbleby or Paxman.

With those interviewers they were calm assassins on ANY politician and you had no clue who they themselves supported which is just the way it should be.

I’m fed up of hearing about Boris’s tiff and how many times he’s been “asked the question”.

Anytime there’s trouble with Labour the journalists wait for Corbyn to appear through his scruffy garden and he blanks every question and just says....”lovely to see you all” and nobody seems to give a f u c k in the media when he does that.

The playing field is uneven!

Do I think Boris should’ve answered the question?

Yes.....a quick one liner admitting he was a d I c k for ruining the girlfriend’s sofa and saying what a vibrant and strong personality she was and how much he admired her would’ve killed this in an instant.

A poor decision ( I suspect by his team ) to not allow his natural instincts which I’m sure would’ve been to answer.

Judge him on his decision not to answer by all means but FFS......for all media to pursue this day after day is pathetic.......he is clearly not going to answer it so stop f king asking and move on to more important questions.
    Last edited by mickd1961; 25-06-2019 at 10:17 PM.

I didn't see 'Newsnight' last night but I'm getting sick and tired of the bias against the Tory party. I would have thought that if the BBC had any sense they would be a little less intimidating in their approach to the Tories considering that disaster of a programme, hosted by Emily Maitlis last Tuesday, and the widespread criticism that it received. It appears that the women are far worse than the male interviewers in this respect. Are they trying to prove something? If so they are failing badly. The BBC is supposed to report the news in an unbiased manner, in fact they advertise that fact. That's 'fake' news in itself. It appears to me that if your female, gay, black or left wing, preferably all four, you will be listened to and given the utmost respect. If your white, male, hetero***ual and right wing, no chance!

Having met him (briefly - thank fk) I can fully understand the urge to rant at Andrew Mitchell. Equally I concede it doesn't make for a decent interview technique. Greater balance is required as are basic manners. On the flip side it would also be nice if politicians actually answered questions once in a while instead of playing whataboutery while going round and round the mulberry bush ad nausea.

Honesty, integrity and decency from both sides of the equation would make for a refreshing change. It would probably make for cr@p TV in the minds of programme producers though and 'may' lack the 'passion' and 'anger' of today's tiny bites shock values. Never mind the quality; feel the outrage and social media hits. I'm afraid it's like it, lump it or change channel for the foreseeable future.

I did rather like how Emma Barnett ridiculed steptoe Corbyn on Womans Hour

https://tinyurl.com/yyl8cnea

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    I did rather like how Emma Barnett ridiculed steptoe Corbyn on Womans Hour

https://tinyurl.com/yyl8cnea
    I heard that live at the time. Corbyn and abbot make quite a 'team' don't they. Quite often listen to Woman's Hour when I'm driving.

Haha Mick, I thought that you would have had an alternative ‘suggestion’ for Emma Barnett!

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Haha Mick, I thought that you would have had an alternative ‘suggestion’ for Emma Barnett!
    Not my type Kets......overly made up,looks like an old slapper.

No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig it’s still an old hog!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    I heard that live at the time. Corbyn and abbot make quite a 'team' don't they. Quite often listen to Woman's Hour when I'm driving.
    Good grief! I can't remember the last time I saw anyone who calls himself a politician with such little presence! Its like -10!

Did any of you catch Jeremy Vine having a pop at Hunt for his personal business success, Hunt played a blinder reminding his BBC interviewer that their salary was actually higher than his.

Heard that yesterday lunchtime. Was great to hear that arrogant **** Vine squirming in his seat.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)