+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any one going on holiday....

Any one going on holiday....

and if so where. Could it be the fleshpots of Thailand or the whores in Halifax, caravan in Cornwall. Just leave out France due to be 44c today, bit too hot for me. Those poor girls playing footy over there.

Hello Claw...I have been on holiday for the last four and a half years! True it’s baking hot in France except on the Brittany coast which is a very nice part of France to visit.
    At the moment I am in the French alpes cycling with one of my sons but from 11:00 am it becomes so hot it’s unbearable and even “suicidal” to cycle. So it’s early morning on the bikes and afternoon swimming at a place called Savine Le lac....beautiful!
    Cheers FL

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Hello Claw...I have been on holiday for the last four and a half years! True it’s baking hot in France except on the Brittany coast which is a very nice part of France to visit.
    At the moment I am in the French alpes cycling with one of my sons but from 11:00 am it becomes so hot it’s unbearable and even “suicidal” to cycle. So it’s early morning on the bikes and afternoon swimming at a place called Savine Le lac....beautiful!
    Cheers FL
    Sounds good to me Frenchie, but thought up in the Alps should be cool. After leaving the bricklayers arms behind I now live on the coast myself with views of the Bristol channel and nice sandy beaches, the temp here at the moment is high 20's so pretty ideal no plans at the moment going to the continent. I see that our girls are playing in Le Havre tonight so maybe not too hot as its on the coast. 4and a half year holiday wow, not bored yet?

Claw...we are staying at a small town called Guillestre which is at approximately 1000 metres altitude. It’s cool in the morning up until around 10:00 then the mercury really climbs. In principle the higher you go the cooler it gets....you lose roughly 1° per hundred metres but at the moment even at 2300 metres we having temperatures of 25/26° which is ridiculous. What is nice to see is that there are quite lot of Brits on holiday cycling in this region. I came across 3 guys from Bolton the other day who were really suffering in the heat but they were loving the experience! Strange people!!

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    and if so where. Could it be the fleshpots of Thailand or the whores in Halifax, caravan in Cornwall. Just leave out France due to be 44c today, bit too hot for me. Those poor girls playing footy over there.
    Off to the Algarve in September, hoping it's a bit cooler than it is at the moment!

Got a few strike days coming up at work which should finance a long weekend at Bournemouth
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 27-06-2019 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Got a few strike days coming up at work which should finance a long weekend at Bournemouth
    Bournemouth is full of foreigners and old cnuts Tricky .. Mind you don't trip over the Zimmer frames or get run down by those stupid old hells angels in their mobility scooters.. Can you speak polish? That would help too..

Christchurch is far nicer to visit..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Bournemouth is full of foreigners and old cnuts Tricky .. Mind you don't trip over the Zimmer frames or get run down by those stupid old hells angels in their mobility scooters.. Can you speak polish? That would help too..

Christchurch is far nicer to visit..
    Mobility scooter riders are like cyclists...............PESTS!

Another one just added to the list for August Alf.
    Beckenham, It.s where posh Crystal Palace fans live. (Inlaws).
    Davee knows it well