+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OT NCFC team selection

OT NCFC team selection

Before anyone asks, the OT is to shock everyone, as this thread is actually about football....

Looking at the video of 1st team training on the OS made me think about some of the current players. Assuming they are all here come the start of the season, would you pick Hemmings and Dennis together?

I felt Dennis didn't get much of a chance last season, and would like to see what he could do with the right service. Another player that we haven't seen much from is Kellett, would like to see whether he has something to offer.

Thoughts?

Fully expect Hemmings, Dennis and Enzio all to be gone before the new season kicks off. That leaves us with 16 players in the first team squad, 11 on the pitch and 5 on the bench . . . nothing to worry about here.

I would play them together and Enzio. In theory, they should cut non-league sided to bits. Another thread covered team selection for the first match.

http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38244782

Milsom should not have been released - he could do a tremendous job for us at LB in non-league. Foolhardy decision IMO.

Tell me a better LB in L2 never mind non-league!!

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post
    Milsom should not have been released - he could do a tremendous job for us at LB in non-league. Foolhardy decision IMO.

Agree with you there Banjo. Only caveat is unless there is a younger cheaper, faster LB lined up, and (the big issue), and we are in a position to sign them.

Best decision Ardley made was putting Millie at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by BanjoPie View Post

Did you actually watch Milsom play left back? Personally I thought he was cr*p there and gave away countless goals that Dan Jones would have been lynched for, the only positive was that he was slightly better than Jones but I'm not sure he was any better than Evina to be honest.

Claiming he was the best in League 2 makes me think you might have been drinking or you're trying to be sarcastic

Kellett can play LB and Left midfield his preferred position is number 10 just behind to two strikers.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    Kellett can play LB and Left midfield his preferred position is number 10 just behind to two strikers.
    That's LB sorted then....won't be able to have any passengers this year. Never understood why he wasn't used more last year.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    That's LB sorted then....won't be able to have any passengers this year. Never understood why he wasn't used more last year.
    He was a bit of a sick note last season no sooner was he fit again he got injured in training.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast