+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Preview Feature

Preview Feature

Hi

I’m features editor at the Sunderland fanzine A love Supreme and its website www.a-love-supreme.com

We are doing a feature previewing all the teams in League One next season and was wondering if you could answer the following questions please?

Thanks in advance

What was the story of your season last year? Highs and lows…

Who’s your best player, ones to watch etc?

How do you think you’ll do against us next season?

How will you do overall next season?

Last season we needed to find 3 teams worse than us. There were more than 3 but only 2 had less points. Our season was lost in December, January and February when we hardly picked up any points against teams around us.

Blame could be pointed at the transfer window which only saw 1 player coming in and that was Crooks.

Crooks is going to be a big part of any success this coming season. He along with Macdonald and Wiles will be our midfield. Probably the best all round midfield we've had for seasons in this division.

The only sure thing this season against Sunderland is that Maguire won't need winding up for it. He played well for the owls yet turned crap when he was with us. He's bound to have a blinder for you when we play each other.

We've lost all of our wide men and Vaulks yet I think that we'll be a better side for it with the players we have left and the ones we've already recruted.
    Definitely top 6 but I wouldn't be surprised if we won the league next season.

Froggie a good summary

Love the optimism Mr Frog.. Hes right though the 3 players we have got in are quality for this level . 3 wingers have left we where blessed last season having 4 wide players and it made us predictable .This season he will play a different formation more central i reckon . We have a good squad with 2 or 3 more in top 6. But like Frog says don't count us out for a "tilt" at the top spot.

Highs from last season : Winning away at QPR, going in front twice at Swansea away yet still lost the game despite scoring three goals away from home.

Lows from last season : has been mentioned, not beating those teams around us and drawing far too many games.

Best player to watch : Matt Crooks, a goalscoring midfielder with a lot more to come from him.

How will we do against Sunderland : We will give you two good games next season and you will have to battle all the way.

Overall : I have us down to finish 2nd behind Sunderland.
    Anything less than top ten won't be acceptable.

I note you lot have Sunderland to top League 1, Ipswich 2nd, Portsmouth 3rd and us to finish 4th.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 26-06-2019 at 04:16 PM.

What was the story of your season last year? Highs and lows… highs, comeback vs swansea and beating derby at home plus first away win for foti years vs qpr lows, bolton and derby away

Who’s your best player, ones to watch etc? robertson CB will play at top end of champ or for celtic/rangers one to watch wiles, 18 year old future star

How do you think you’ll do against us next season? 2.1 in both games, you choose to whom

How will you do overall next season? top 6 or auto with 3 more decent additions