+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hewitt Signs for Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    As far as I can see nobody is making him out to be the League 2 Steven Gerrard, he wasn't good enough to carry a midfield on his own but that doesn't automatically make him terrible, play him with some half decent team mates and he will perform to a standard where he is considered one of the best players in the team over a season. Play him with some team mates that are amongst the worst this club has ever seen and watch him struggle then act surprised...

He pretty much missed the whole second half of the season with an injury (2 games and 15 minutes in 2019) but sure, blame it on him
    It doesn't change my opinion of him as a player one iota. Whenever he played he was inconsistent, ineffective and invisible. Just my opinion of course.

I’ll second that. Nottingham Premier League is his level.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    It doesn't change my opinion of him as a player one iota. Whenever he played he was inconsistent, ineffective and invisible. Just my opinion of course.
    And you are entitled to that opinion and quite a few would agree with you but he wasn't the reason why we went down.
    I could list lots of reasons why that happened and Hewitt wouldn't be among them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345