+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hewitt Signs for Grimsby

Hewitt Signs for Grimsby

Best of luck to the lad. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Best of luck to the lad. 
    Yep. In my opinion didn't deserve half of the criticism he got while at Notts. Mind you, the other half....

He was a decent player in central midfield but suffered from the number of occasions when circumstances forced him to play at full back where he wasn’t so good. I was hoping we might be able to re-sign him when the financial position allows signings, but obviously it’s not to be.

I hope he does well at Grimsby.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    He was a decent player in central midfield but suffered from the number of occasions when circumstances forced him to play at full back where he wasn’t so good. I was hoping we might be able to re-sign him when the financial position allows signings, but obviously it’s not to be.

I hope he does well at Grimsby.
    I have to agree with your assessment, he should still be st the Lane, always gave his full 125% commitment.

He would have been absolutey fine (as an absolute minimum with potential for more) if he'd played alongside players like Mitch Rose, Jim O'Brien and Michael Doyle (two of which are still here) instead of players like Vaughan and Husin who did absolutely nothing to aide him as a midfield partner.

Going from 2nd in player of the season to basically being made to play with his legs tied together did not help and I expect us to look back on letting him go like we do with Curtis Thompson at Wycombe.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    He would have been absolutey fine (as an absolute minimum with potential for more) if he'd played alongside players like Mitch Rose, Jim O'Brien and Michael Doyle (two of which are still here) instead of players like Vaughan and Husin who did absolutely nothing to aide him as a midfield partner.

Going from 2nd in player of the season to basically being made to play with his legs tied together did not help and I expect us to look back on letting him go like we do with Curtis Thompson at Wycombe.
    Yep. Decent player in the right position with the right partners

He’ll be a great signing if they can get Ryan Yates as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He’ll be a great signing if they can get Ryan Yates as well.
    Agree with that, but mainly because I think he was flattered by playing next to Yates. As soon as Yates went, he fell to pieces

I don't think it's a case of being flattered by Yates, he looked good when Nolan first played him in midfield when we stayed up and he gave him the number 4 shirt. I think it's more a case of him being partnered with absolutely woeful footballers in Husin and Vaughan respectively and struggling, which you'd expect of most players at this level

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast