+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Deid - long-forgotten (except by me) mid-60s TV fictional fitba drama edition

Deid - long-forgotten (except by me) mid-60s TV fictional fitba drama edition

Bryan Marshall. Centre half and captain of Brentwich in mid-60s early evening fitba drama United! aged 81.

Deid, yet still alive
    In endless time, endless art

He was great in The Long Good Friday, cracking film. Music by Francis Monkman once of Curved Air. That Sonja Kristina was a cracker. I do remember United! though, my Granda used to let me watch it as it was fitba related.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonDandy View Post
    He was great in The Long Good Friday, cracking film. Music by Francis Monkman once of Curved Air. That Sonja Kristina was a cracker. I do remember United! though, my Granda used to let me watch it as it was fitba related.
    Since you're the only aul radge who remembers United! (tapes all wiped apparently), I'll fill in for your accidental rule breach, and post an image of the erstwhile Mrs Stewart Copeland. I'm sure its effect will mean that the United! tapes are the only element of this message requiring 'wiped'. You dirty sods.

Name:  sonja kristina.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  38.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Since you're the only aul radge who remembers United! (tapes all wiped apparently), I'll fill in for your accidental rule breach, and post an image of the erstwhile Mrs Stewart Copeland. I'm sure its effect will mean that the United! tapes are the only element of this message requiring 'wiped'. You dirty sods.

Name:  sonja kristina.jpg
Views: 2357
Size:  38.3 KB
    As a boy, playing bounce fitba' games on the fieldie behind our house, I used to 'be' Zack Bishop of United in my head.
    As a slightly older boy, backstage at the Music Hall after Curved Air had been support act at a Black Sabbath gig, I managed to egregiously invade the lovely Sonja Kristina's personal space on the pretext of obtaining her autograph.
    As a much older boy, a couple of years ago, I was checking out of The Green Hotel, Kinross the day after a Terry Reid gig at 'Backstage' as Sonja Kristina and Curved Air were checking in for that night's show. At the risk of being ungallant, and the years have not been kind to any of us, I now know the answer to the riddle of "who ate all the pies?" You widna' min.

You as Zack and me as Jimmy Stokes. We coulda bin contendahs.

And Clare Grogan in the scud? It’s been quite a life.