Get your very own personalised The Gelderd End gifts!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rumored targets...

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Worse thing is out of them I think only Phillips is worth 30k a week. Other 3 I wouldn't want to be paying more than 20
    Quite amazing how Philips has gone from being an average young prospect less than 18 months ago - to being the best player in our squad!

Not disagreeing - though Klitch, Hernandez, and a couple of others could - I am pointing out that the difference in perception of a player in so short a time is IMO down to Bielsa spotting the potential - and putting his faith in the lad. Given how long Bielsa has now had to asses his squad I would expect to see a few more emerge this season - Shackleton, Clarke, Foreshaw to name three - and possibly a couple of under 2's that didn't break through last season - the point is that though I expect to see a few more signed, If last term is anything to go by - I wont be too upset if the squad hasn't increased significantly come the kick off.

even at 33 Cahill would be a great addition to the squad.

Correct, season before last I'd have gladly seen him go, he was below average, many slated him, admittingly me included, hopefully like you say, players like Shackleton will be the be new Phillips, oh and by the way....under 2's!!!!!.....that's a bit young!

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    5/1 with William Hill now & Skybet have suspended betting
    Gathering legs now

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Gathering legs now
    Phil Hay says " not sure where the Cahill story has come from but he won’t be signing " - almost instantly loads of bets are placed on him to join us & he is down to 4/11 with Skybet

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...villa-16567103

Spurs are now reportedly interested in KP

Dont shoot me but

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Correct, season before last I'd have gladly seen him go, he was below average, many slated him, admittingly me included, hopefully like you say, players like Shackleton will be the be new Phillips, oh and by the way....under 2's!!!!!.....that's a bit young!
    I think that Jack Harrison will be good for us this season. He is still very young and couldn't be blamed for his effort last season. He did get better as the season progressed.

Really sticking my neck out here........
    Bamford will be better than Roofe.

The new KP will be the young Polish guy not sure how to spell his name

Quote Originally Posted by ahgoon View Post
    I think that Jack Harrison will be good for us this season. He is still very young and couldn't be blamed for his effort last season. He did get better as the season progressed.

"Couldn't be blamed for his effort last season"???? Did you actually watch ANY game he played in (nearly all)????? One really good assist in a season full of AWOL performances is NOT worth £50/week, never mind the £50k/week he was rumoured to be on. We player regularly with 10 men (and it's not just me saying that, other more "respected" contributors made much the same comment.

Will he be better this season? Doesn't really matter, were stuck with him so I suppose we revert to "hope triumphing over expectation".

Quote Originally Posted by ahgoon View Post

i agree - like the fact he started pre season early and in game against York looked more ripped and fitter. Took his goals well too. Only York but hereís to him showing what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Couldn't be blamed for his effort last season"???? Did you actually watch ANY game he played in (nearly all)????? One really good assist in a season full of AWOL performances is NOT worth £50/week, never mind the £50k/week he was rumoured to be on. We player regularly with 10 men (and it's not just me saying that, other more "respected" contributors made much the same comment.

Will he be better this season? Doesn't really matter, were stuck with him so I suppose we revert to "hope triumphing over expectation".
    Yet Bielsa picked him consistently and wanted him back. His work rate and passing and movement are very good

Interesting that Bielsa was at Bradford v Liverpool. The rumours are obviously pointing to Kent, but could it be someone else?
    Whoever it is...I can't imagine that Bielsa would take time out right now (with half his staff gone, new players to train up, and a 36 hour round trip to Oz only a day away) if he was only fishing about a player. Gotta guess that whoever is in Bielsa's sights is important to him.
    Last edited by Flintadore; 16-07-2019 at 02:30 AM.

[QUOTźE=joellufcprice;39270391]Yet Bielsa picked him consistently and wanted him back. His work rate and passing and movement are very good[/QUOTE]

"Picked consistntly" correct, although God only knows why, his work rate and anything else he did was only relevant when he turned up, which on average was 1 game in every 5 he actually played in.

But he's Back, just hope he's better than last season, whoever we have in the new 1st team squad are unlikely to be able to carry a passenger like we did then.

[QUOTźE=joellufcprice;39270391]Yet Bielsa picked him consistently and wanted him back. His work rate and passing and movement are very good
    "Picked consistntly" correct, although God only knows why, his work rate and anything else he did was only relevant when he turned up, which on average was 1 game in every 5 he actually played in.

But he's Back, just hope he's better than last season, whoever we have in the new 1st team squad are unlikely to be able to carry a passenger like we did then.[/QUOTE]

Anyone would think you donít rate him ...

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post

But he's Back, just hope he's better than last season, whoever we have in the new 1st team squad are unlikely to be able to carry a passenger like we did then.
    Anyone would think you donít rate him ...[/QUOTE]

Never have.

To be honest,IMO,too many judged Harrison via watching him on TV.
    Watching him regularly 'live' you'd get a different perspective of what he was actually being asked to do for the team as a unit.
    Second season will be make or break for him and he knows it and has 'beefed up' for a reason - a Bielsa role reason.

MOT

Hope it's a break out season for him. MB's normally good at judging talent and ability and it's a great opportunity for him. I think he will make the most of it.

Latest on KP !!!

Kinnear on Phillips:
    " We want to keep our best players. We want to keep Kalvin. We are talking about a new contract and we are very clear we want him to play in the Premier League with Leeds United "

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    Latest on KP !!!

Kinnear on Phillips:
    " We want to keep our best players. We want to keep Kalvin. We are talking about a new contract and we are very clear we want him to play in the Premier League with Leeds United "
    Encouraging news.
    Now he also needs to say, 'we are also looking to bring in 2 centre halfs capable of playing in the prem league with Leeds united'

Saw Harrison live several times last season and thought he was worse than when I failed to be a proper supporter and had to watch him on tv.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345