+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T For those who claim that the BBC is left wing.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Because we should have never signed up to that criminal's rights charter, see why you like it though, Blair signed it to give his wife more work didn't he?
    Churchill came up with the idea, David Maxwell-Fyfe - a Tory politician and a lead prosecutor at the Nuremberg Trials - wrote it, lifting elements from the US Constitution, but it's a criminals charter. You're making no sense, gf.

Article 10 enshrines the right to free speech that you are arguing for. Is it a different right to free speech that you are after?

Of course it's a concern of mine it should be a concern to everyone, it will be if it is taken away but then it's often too late. Some of these people who decide what is offensive and shouldn't be said are some of the most vile bigoted folk ive ever encountered, really think they're superior to everyone just like the real racists and act just like what they claim to be fighting but it's ok when they do it.

You may think I'm pretty extreme but as long as it's not harassment, libel, slander calling for violence which there's laws to protect us from I'm pretty much for people being allowed to say what they want and of course if people say things we don't like we can challenge them and debate, if you don't want to be challenged on your beliefs tough sh!t is how I believe it should be, I want as close to true equality as possible.

Social media has changed everything some good mostly bad because of how these dodgy massive companies operate, but this is how many are now communicating and many on the left now support massive businesses doing what they want because they're banning people they don't like without realising people on the left have also had their accounts removed. These companies are controling what people see and putting people in echo chambers, yes I'm uncomfortable with that.

Back to the BBC, different journalists obviously will have different biases and it shines through now and again so that's another reason why both the left and right think it's biased. Like the rest of the media they do the outrage stuff and drama for ratings and clicks, political correctness and identity politics is good for that.

I fail to see how any organisation can be deemed to be left wing with the way they faun around the royals and star celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I fail to see how any organisation can be deemed to be left wing with the way they faun around the royals and star celebrities.
    Me too roly

We had to put up with the Thatcher funeral for days and the princess di went on for weeks and still gets brought up. God knows what will happen when the queen snuffs it. Yeah it's feckin left wing. Use ya noggins boys

How many left wingers care about Thatcher and the royals. Write em down on the back of a postage stamp

The BBC is basically a centre right organisation that occasionally represents the views of minority groups to keep lefty licence payers off their backs. It is that simple

It as a whole is neither left nor right it's just pro what keeps it going.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We had to put up with the Thatcher funeral for days and the princess di went on for weeks and still gets brought up. God knows what will happen when the queen snuffs it. Yeah it's feckin left wing. Use ya noggins boys
    Earlier in the thread, you expressed agreement for raging's post in which he quite reasonably said:. The BBC simply, by the definition of us all paying licence fees, are bound to provide stories and news that relate to the different sections of the UK that pay into their existence.

What happened? Now, you are complaining that they cater for many people who are interested in the Royal Family and who recognise that Thatcher was one of the most impactive political figures of the twentieth century.

This epitomises debate about the BBC. People interpret impartiality as meaning 'saying things and only covering events that I agree with

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast