+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocked and disgusted

Shocked and disgusted

Sorry to use this site as a rant that’s nothing to do with football BUT.
    I’m no green peace protester,
    Just been trimming back the ivy growing over my fences in the back garden and found an old birds nest for this season,to my horror and shock it was made from probably 20% plastic. Like it say I do my bit in recycling but don’t go to the ends of the earth to do it, but this has really sent a message of how bad it’s become.

Up the reds, looking forward to a tough but exciting season ahead.
    Last edited by Jack rodders; 29-06-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Not to belittle your post Jack but I'm shocked & disgusted with 2 sporting events this afternoon.
    Firstly with the game in their grasp and Pakistan struggling to score more than 2-3 runs an over against spin, the Afghan captain brought himself on to bowl and got smashed for 18 in his first over, then bowled the last over with Pakistan needing 6 to win.
    He missed a run out and conceded an overthrow off his first ball then got hit for 4 off his second - game over.
    Threw the game single handed.
    Secondly Ryan Moore riding the evens money favourite in the Irish Derby gave a 33/1 outsider a 30 length lead and failed to reel him in despite easily having the better horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack rodders View Post
    Sorry to use this site as a rant that’s nothing to do with football BUT.
    I’m no green peace protester,
    Just been trimming back the ivy growing over my fences in the back garden and found an old birds nest for this season,to my horror and shock it was made from probably 20% plastic. Like it say I do my bit in recycling but don’t go to the ends of the earth to do it, but this has really sent a message of how bad it’s become.

Up the reds, looking forward to a tough but exciting season ahead.
    I find it shocking too Jack that our mass consumption causes so much harm to the wildlife around us .

Man has much to answer for .

Aar blame the Yanks and modern capitalism.

Tha used to shop at Co-op and get thi cheese wrapped in paper,loose veg and fruit in a paper bag and an unwrapped loaf wia crust on, and got thi divi.
    Nardays yunguns are throwing McDonalds plastic cups, coke tins and burger cartons to litter streets.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 29-06-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Hodges are you really trying to say that two sporting result have the same level as the ruination on this nation,
    Wow man get real, who gives a toss about a horse race compared with the end on the world as we know it,
    Get some realism, or are you just trying to be facetious.

Agree theer Jack , plastics every where you go , last week gulls looking for food , we're pecking in waste bins around Worsborough Res , 2 found dead choked on plastic bags , you carnt blame that on any individual though , they did use the bins ,it's the dog walking people that throw their dog mess bags into the bushes that's probably the cause ? Just my opinion sad to see

I'm afraid that the "let the market decide" politics is coming home to roost [no pun intended]

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Agree theer Jack , plastics every where you go , last week gulls looking for food , we're pecking in waste bins around Worsborough Res , 2 found dead choked on plastic bags , you carnt blame that on any individual though , they did use the bins ,it's the dog walking people that throw their dog mess bags into the bushes that's probably the cause ? Just my opinion sad to see
    Av allus farnd that any local or global issue is summat to do wi dogsh1t in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I find it shocking too Jack that our mass consumption causes so much harm to the wildlife around us .

Man has much to answer for .
    You must be a veggy then ? Are you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    You must be a veggy then ? Are you ?
    No I eat pigs raw as it happens , in fact we all do around these parts and have done for decades .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast