+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: It's back, it won't go away, Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That's what the Nazis said in the Warsaw ghetto and the East Germans warned on the Berlin Wall. The IDF using civilians for target practice with live ammo sort of chills my blood.
    So if the IDF are using civilians for target practice, why are Hamas encouraging, even ordering, their citizens to present themselves at the border to be used as target practice ? They're even sending their children to the border, what sort of people do this, it's inhuman, it really does chill the blood. What I find even more appalling are the useful idiots in the West who encourage Hamas in this self-defeating insanity.

The dude who was murdered was shepherding the civilians away from the IDF bullets. The IDF murdered him anyway.

Surely the only way this can be resolved is for both sides to recognise the others right to exist and to start a proper dialogue about the way forward? It would need a mediator to oversee the discussions and that CAN'T be the USA who have nailed their colours firmly to the Israeli cause.

My iew is that the Palestinians have been badly abused and wronged for decades now and that there is certainly a concerted effort to shut down debate on anti-Israel thoughts by using the anti-semitism card - and this must not be allowed to happen. Israel's actions should be condemned whenever they use bullying, land pinching, over the top violence without being accused of being an anti semite.

Having said that, it is clear that Labour has a big problem with genuine anti semitism which is counter productive to the whole issue and allows Israel and it's supporters to call "foul".

The dude who was murdered was shepherding the civilians away from the IDF bullets. The IDF murdered him anyway.
    Why was he sheperding them AWAY from the border ? What were they doing there in the first place, wouldn't he have been much better employed stopping them from going there in the first place ?

How 'reliable' is the source anyway ? The IDF soldier does seem to have this uncanny knack of picking out the innocent ones in a vast crowd of ne'erdowells. How do they do it, how do they know ? It reminds me a bit of when the allies were bombing various middle eastern ****holes, despite all their laser guided equipment they always managed to hit only schools, hospitals and wedding parties. Perhaps these latest reports are just as reliable as those old ones were. In other words mostly sheer fantasy.

Last night I sat through one hour of the BBC's worst example of "investigative journalism" during a Panorama special on alleged "Anti-Semitism" in the Labour Party.

The words "suggest", "I think", "shocked, horrified and appalled," were chucked about like confetti at a traditional wedding by a whole squad of disaffected, sacked or displaced former Labour Party staff.

No evidence mind, no names, no collaborative evidence, just the usual anti-Corbyn nonsense. Time the BBC was rolled up, wrapped up and replaced with proper journalists like John Pilger. Now there's a journalist who can root out the "truth".
    Haven't seen it BT so I can't comment, I just have the PA report to go off, and that doesn't sound good.

"Tom Watson claimed there was 'almost a permissive culture' towards anti-Jewish racism in the ranks." I think he's taking about what anyone else would call anti-semitism here.

"Eight people told the BBC they were undermined in their attempts to tackle anti-semitism in the party."

"Mr Watson said the party had failed to address the 'permissive culture' that people can use anti-semitic language in meetings and on social media."

It's still not going away BT, the problem of anti-semitism in the Labour Party just seems to get worse. But of course, until you recognise that there is a problem you can't begin to address it. Doesn't bother me, I enjoy seeing the Labour Party tearing itself to bits, but one day mon ami, your lot are going to have pull their heads out of the sand and have a look around at the real world out here. And in this real world there is no room for racism or anti-semitism.

Tom Watson is a disingenuous slime bag. It cannot be regarded as respectable political tactics for Tom Watson to disparage Jenny Formby when she is battling with the demons of breast cancer and is currently continuing chemotherapy to tackle the disease.

Canny political operator Mr Watson BT, he's one of those you're better off with in the tent pissing out, than outside the tent pissing in, which is where he is now.

He's not the only one with those views either is he?

It seems to me that the party is split down the middle on this, and other, issues.

Half of them are inside the tent pissing out and the other half are outside pissing in.

Not a very pleasant place to be, whichever camp you are in.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    He's not the only one with those views either is he?

It seems to me that the party is split down the middle on this, and other, issues.

Half of them are inside the tent pissing out and the other half are outside pissing in.

Not a very pleasant place to be, whichever camp you are in.
    You just have to feel really sorry for those sitting on the tent flap!

The reality is guys we are gearing up to win a General Election. A Labour Party with proper policies, redressing social injustice and righting the wrongs of a failed and quite disastrous Tory/Lib Dem coalition.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)