+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: It's back, it won't go away, Part Two

I've just seen the Panorama doc BT, and it's a shocking indictment of the Labour Party under Corbyn and his hard-left acolytes. The saddest thing for me was the youth of most of those Labour Party staffers who were affected by it, not much more than kids most of them. Absolutely shameful, you can bluff and bluster all you like on here BT, but how you and other Labour Party members can sleep of a night with these people running your party is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I've just seen the Panorama doc BT, and it's a shocking indictment of the Labour Party under Corbyn and his hard-left acolytes. The saddest thing for me was the youth of most of those Labour Party staffers who were affected by it, not much more than kids most of them. Absolutely shameful, you can bluff and bluster all you like on here BT, but how you and other Labour Party members can sleep of a night with these people running your party is beyond me.
    I'm still trying hard to find one "appalling, shocking or horrid" real time example of anti-Semitism within the Labour Party sinkov. It's bollox, you know it's bollox. British Jews are in no more danger of suffering another Holocaust than Blackburn Rovers have of winning this season's Premier League.

I attend meeting after meeting with comrades from the far left of British politics and we are all mystified how a party of inclusion can be deemed to be a "racial enterprise".

"The Labour Party welcomes everyone, irrespective of race, creed, age, gender identity or ***ual orientation."

So Labour is a party of inclusion BT, sounds good, but WTF does it mean in the real world, it's meaningless drivel. I was intrigued by the above as well, what on earth is the point of that statement, it's just more PC virtue-signalling drivel. Which mainstream political party in the UK does not welcome people of all races, creeds, ages, gender identities and ***ual orientations. No one is excluded from any of our mainstream parties, yet Labour likes to imply they are somehow different to the rest, well indeed they are, they are the only party mired up to their necks in an anti-Semitic sewer.

What your party members need to do mon ami, is get your heads from out of your self-righteous backsides, and attempt to see yourselves as you are perceived out here in the real world, and believe me it's not a pretty sight.
    Last edited by sinkov; 19-07-2019 at 08:20 PM.

I will ask you again sinkov, give me one real example of anti-Semitism emanating out of the Labour Party that would make British Jews to feel unsafe?

There is no physical danger, there is no planned second Holocaust, this is Salem-like media inspired nonsense, that gullible eejits swallow by the bucket load.

Jackie Walker was expelled wrongly in my opinion from the Labour Party just to appease the anti-Semitic witch hunt. What I cannot get my head round is what does the State of Israel have to fear from the British Labour party?

What do Jews have to fear from the British Labour Party? Why all the negative propaganda? I'll tell you why, the British establishment do not want a "Commie *******" in Number 10 Downing Street.

Lebanon treats Palestinians appallingly, Egypt treats Palestinians appallingly, Syria treats Palestinians appallingly, Israel treats Palestinians appallingly, Jordan less, so but hardly makes them welcome. This is a geopolitical mess and why the British Labour Party is described by outsiders like you as "mired up to their necks in an anti-Semitic sewer" is way beyond my intellectual prowess.

The eejits in this country are ready to accept a bloke from Eton who does not know how to post a packet of kippers as Prime Minister of Great Britain, while his government condones the Saudi bombing of the citizens of Yemen, does not criticize Putin who is bombing Syria to oblivion, will not speak up as Muslims in Myanmar and China are being persecuted, and all the right wing press in this country can concentrate on are providing scurrilous headlines about Jeremy Corbyn. It makes you wonder doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Nevertheless BT the Labour Party still is all over the place on anti-semitism. I think the problem lies in the fact that Labour is institutionally anti-zionist and anti-israeli, which I agree is not the same as being anti-semitic, but it does give a convenient hiding place for anti-semites, of which there are many hiding in the Labour Party. I don't see how this problem is resolved anytime soon, the dividing line between anti-semitism and anti-zionism has become blurred in the Labour Party, Jeremy would say he's on the right side of this line, others would say he isn't, and if it's not possible to discern even where the leader stands, you know what they say, fish rot from the head down.
    Stop worrying sinkov, the Israelis have their eyes on you too...https://www.cnbc.com/2019/07/19/nso-...ta-report.html

You continue to moan about the British Establishment and the right-wing press having it in for Corbyn BT, and no doubt they do, but the accounts of anti-semitism in the Labour Party that I read, the accounts of attempts to cover it up, and to interfere in the investigation process by the leader's office, all emanate from members of the Labour Party, some of them Jewish, some not.

You prefer not to take it seriously, doesn't bother me, it's your choice, but something has changed. A while back it was my view that it didn't really matter, there were far more Muslim voters than Jewish voters, getting a reputation as a home for anti-semites might even be worth a few votes. Not any more, not only is it not going away, the problem is getting worse, and Labour is now polling around the same as the LibDems and the Brexit Party, I didn't think it would, but anti-semitism does seem to be taking it's toll on your poll ratings, possibly a severe toll.

Still you and your Labour chums will please yourselves, and continue to wallow in self-pity, claiming you're victims of a media/Establishment stitch up, but bear this in mind, even if the Establishment is out to 'get' Corbyn, it doesn't mean there isn't a strong current of anti-semitism running through the Labour Party, and if you won't listen to me, then hark back to the wonderful Denis Healy and his advice on holes. You can ignore me, but you'd be well advised to listen to Denis.

BT, are you saying that 60 Labour peers, including people like Peter Hain, are also in on this as well? That's one third of all Labour peers.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...exclude-racism

The longer Corbyn procrastinates on this and other issues the more damage he is doing to the party.

Being a Lib Dem, a big part of me rejoices at this because I see that more and more "reasonable" Labour members coming across to my party.

Carry on regardless please.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    BT, are you saying that 60 Labour peers, including people like Peter Hain, are also in on this as well? That's one third of all Labour peers.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics...exclude-racism

The longer Corbyn procrastinates on this and other issues the more damage he is doing to the party.

Being a Lib Dem, a big part of me rejoices at this because I see that more and more "reasonable" Labour members coming across to my party.

Carry on regardless please.
    Let's talk about policy not anti-Semitism for a change 1959-60? Incidentally sinkov, I'm still waiting for a real time example of anti-Semitism emanating from within the Labour Party? Something that's real proof not whimsical, scurrilous nonsense.

"You prefer not to take it seriously, doesn't bother me, it's your choice, but something has changed. A while back it was my view that it didn't really matter, there were far more Muslim voters than Jewish voters, getting a reputation as a home for anti-semites might even be worth a few votes. Not any more, not only is it not going away, the problem is getting worse, and Labour is now polling around the same as the LibDems and the Brexit Party, I didn't think it would, but anti-semitism does seem to be taking it's toll on your poll ratings, possibly a severe toll."

The Labour Party will rise above this nonsense. The Jews of Great Britain have nothing to fear from the Labour Party. I keep asking the
    question about real time evidence, but no-one can give me anything other than, "shocking, horrid and appalling!"

It's the Far Right the Jews need to worry about, not the British Labour Party.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Let's talk about policy not anti-Semitism for a change 1959-60? Incidentally sinkov, I'm still waiting for a real time example of anti-Semitism emanating from within the Labour Party? Something that's real proof not whimsical, scurrilous nonsense.
    I've pointed out examples before in your very own posts BT, but there are none so blind as those that will not see.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)