+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: It's back, it won't go away, Part Two

We need to get them Tories out asap BT, under the river bridge, just across from where we're moored up here in Lyon is a whole row of little tents, 100 yards long, perched precariously on the banks of the Rhone, homeless people surviving as best they can, there are beggars all over the city, clearly homeless, it's just like Manchester and every other UK city. Those savage Tory cuts are incredibly far reaching, even to the south of France.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We need to get them Tories out asap BT, under the river bridge, just across from where we're moored up here in Lyon is a whole row of little tents, 100 yards long, perched precariously on the banks of the Rhone, homeless people surviving as best they can, there are beggars all over the city, clearly homeless, it's just like Manchester and every other UK city. Those savage Tory cuts are incredibly far reaching, even to the south of France.
    That's what a good dose of neo-liberalism mixed with a toxic blend of capitalism does for you sinkov. Hope you are enjoying your holiday and I am truly sorry to see the EU isn't working for everybody.

....a genial French Saturday.

l’acte 35 des Gilets jaunes

....with a relexing evening stoll ?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1149444396645060609

am overdue a visit - be nice to say - I can't wait.... .

A frightening image is that Norder. The Revolution failed obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    That's what a good dose of neo-liberalism mixed with a toxic blend of capitalism does for you sinkov. Hope you are enjoying your holiday and I am truly sorry to see the EU isn't working for everybody.
    Actually most of them were of African descent BT, I don't know exactly why they preferred to be homeless in France rather than their own countries, or what they were escaping from in their own countries, but I doubt it was neo-liberalism or savage Tory cuts that caused them to be living under a bridge in the south of France. Paradoxically it seems they find some hope for a better life under a toxic blend of neo-liberalism and capitalism.

The Revolution failed obviously.
    Too soon to say yet really BT.

"The Labour Party welcomes everyone*, irrespective of race, creed, age, gender identity or ***ual orientation." (*except it seems Jews)

"This is your legacy Mr Corbyn"

This is from an advert in the lefty rag the Guardian, paid for by about one third of Labour members of the House of Lords. Jesus fecking wept, is this how Labour Peers now have to communicate with the party leader, by taking out adverts in a newspaper ? This is what anti-Semitism, and their failure to address the problem. has done to Labour, it's now a completely dysfunctional political party.

Where do you go from here BT ? Another leadership challenge ? The new slim-line Tom is on manoeuvres, you talk about a General Election, if Boris gets Brexit done he might well call one, and you'll be annihilated.

Jeremy Corbyn is the victim of an orchestrated witch hunt by the United Kingdom’s unelected political elite, ably supported by an element of disaffected British Jewry, who are in all probability funded by the State of Israel. This is scurrilous nonsense and we really should start fighting back. Free Palestine!

Jeremy Corbyn is the victim of an orchestrated witch hunt by the United Kingdom’s unelected political elite, ably supported by an element of disaffected British Jewry, who are in all probability funded by the State of Israel. This is scurrilous nonsense and we really should start fighting back. Free Palestine!
    Probably too much detail here BT, but I'm just on the loo having a dump as I read the above, and it did make me chuckle, your post, not the dump, I should add. As to my question, where do you go from here, you really don't have an answer do you, and I can't help you either, even me, with all of my vast political acumen and experience, can't see a way out of this one for you.

Sorry.

The capitalist ruling class in this country do not want a Marxist in Number 10 and by God, by hook or crook they will make sure we don't get one! Anti-Semitic my arse!
    Last night I attended a meeting in Bolton to listen to a Gaza Update with Dr Mona El-Farra.
    Dr. Mona El-Farra is the Director of Gaza Projects of the Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA), she is also a human rights and women’s rights activist, Vice President of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society of the Gaza Strip, and member of the Union of Health Work Committees. She is also founder of the Afaq Jadeeda Community Centre in Gaza. Her credentials are impeccable.
    Dr. Mona spoke of traumatised children effectively living in a constant war zone. Nutrition for the kids is a massive problem, medicinal drugs are in very short supply, clean drinking water is largely unavailable and hospital services are hugely compromised.
    She went on to talk about the adverse influence Hamas have regarding the wellbeing and health of the Palestinians living on the Gaza enclave. The dehumanising project the Israelis visit on the Palestinians and the negative impact of Hamas, puts the Palestinians in between an unenviable rock and hard place.
    World weary, but incredibly stoic is how Dr Mona came across to me. We must do better for the people of Palestine. Free Palestine now! That's also the message of Corbyn and the working classes, remember the story of Peterloo? It's happening again!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)