+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Raya on his way

Raya on his way

Well champs called it months ago,that Tony mowbray isn't keen on raya.
    We are apparently in talks with brentford over a fee for him.
    Not overly happy on this as we are targeting young unproven keepers to potentially replace a young keeper who has played his first season in the championship.

Will be sad to see him go as I think he will continue to develop.
    However we need a commanding keeper now and Raya won't want to be on the bench

We go on to price now
    We should expect at least 3 million,today's valuations possibly 5.
    Will brentford pay that?not a chance.
    Soooooo.....maybe a cash plus player?
    Do they have any decent defender's they are willing to exchange?

Has not been the same since his injury. He lost his confidence. Part of the problem was caused by the club. Because we didn't have a good enough keeper to step in, who FM trusted, we threw Raya back in too soon after WBA away. And he suffered badly after that. Leutwiler isn't the answer either.

The strange thing is, I had a look at the main Brentford fans' site, and there is barely a mention of this rumour!

Sky keep mentioning the talks.
    I really hope this isn't going to happen,especially if it's to fund another forward.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Sky keep mentioning the talks.
    I really hope this isn't going to happen,especially if it's to fund another forward.

We have received no bids. Brentford have made no contact.
    Raya is out training in Austria.
    This is another made up story to plug the gaps until the season starts.

If true (and I highly doubt it is), we will get money for him, so we can re-invest that. The only concern is, what if we are stuck trying to find another, and have to settle for someone not as good? Is this worth the gamble.
    What decent keeper could we attract?
    I'd take Joe Hart over him every single day of the week. But could we actually afford Hart?

No way
    I would imagine he commands 30 grand a week minimum.
    That is out of our reach these days.

I think its upwards of that Robin.

But yet we are seemingly linked with Gallagher who earns ......wait for it ......£25k a week!!!
    Imagine that. He wouldnt take a penny less (why would he??) if he moves.
    So we sign him, whats the very first thing Dack will do? As he is not getting anything close to that .....

He would walk up to the manager and say - 'I'm miles better than him, why aren't I being paid that amount'
    Of which he will either get what he wants, or will leave straight away.

If Gallagher was any good, there would be no issues. As he would come in and take us up to the next level. Don't forget, we have all seen him play. So we know already, he won't.

If we could halve his wages, and pay £1.5m then it would be fine. But neither of those options will be available to us. As he is stupidly over-priced.

he isn't, and we would have huge problems inside the dressing room.

Of course much like the raya rumour its speculation,until its announced on sky sports/beeb.
    We all want what's best for the team and can only hope whoever Tony mowbray brings in has the desired effect and not a negative one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)