+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam Gallagher due to sign

Sam Gallagher due to sign

Che Adams signs for Southampton so that means Sam Gallagher will come the other way.
    I have heard 5 million,which seems very overpriced.
    Personally I would prefer that money spent on McNair,who could cover 3 positions.

Agreed

This one makes me uneasy. We are overpaying for someone I just don't rate highly.

You never know champs we could have another Armstrong bargain.
    I know Armstrong hasn't consistently fired but for 1.5 million he has been worth it.
    Still would like us to pursue McNair more
    His ability to play centre midfield,centre back and right back would be so valuable for a squad that isn't the biggest.

Champs - I still think your expectations are too high. For the money we have available, we aren't going to get three or four superstars!
    In fact, unless there is a dramatic explosion in the transfer-market, it looks as if very few Championship clubs are going to pull off "big name" signings.

Incidentally, if you have a look on the BBC "rumours" page, there is a suggestion that Villa value McGinn at 54M!!!!

Not at all. Our 2 strikers got 18 each last season. The last time Gallagher played in the Champ for a sustained period, he got 2. How does that equate to £5m? All our budget pretty much gone. For what?

That McGinn story is the exact kind of rubbish that Alan Nixon has spent the summer lying about.
    These guys have nothing to print, so make up stories that are laughable.
    Like Raya going to Brentford. Its the same every summer. Most of it is complete nonsense.
    The good news is, if McGinn (an average Champ player) is worth £57m. Dack is worth over a £100m as he is twice as effective. So all good for us.

Alan Nixon gets away with this because he occasionally comes up trumps. People tend to forget all the ones he got wrong!

Well as soon as raya goes I expect this deal to accelerate.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well as soon as raya goes I expect this deal to accelerate.
    A keeper will be the next one in I think. We probably wont let him leave until we get that person in. Behind the scenes it will be very close, whoever it is.
    I do think Gallagher will be someone we go for, but not for £5m.

By the time we sign Gallagher, he will be 35.
    This story has been running for so long, its legs are worn down to stumps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)