+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip Cocu

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Having a look at various files on Cocu he did bring in some 22 to 24 year olds from other clubs/countries and extended Rekik's loan from Man City. What I can't find is him bringing PSV Academy kids through. The 4 newbies from the DCFC Academy who were added to the first team squad for pre season by FL are under 20. Will Cocu utilise them?

My point Swale was, and I quote "He also doesn't have a great record of bringing Academy kids through". He has bought 22 year olds from other clubs. Rekik? He was there the season before and had his loan extended. I don't know if it was Cocu who did that or his predecessor. Those actions are perfectly in line with my quote.

Yet his potential appointment is precisely because he has a track record of bringing youngsters through! But no doubt he will be listing the formations used as 1-4-3-2-1 etc. and your much vaunted revised way of providing formations will at last be vindicated in mainstream football!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Yet his potential appointment is precisely because he has a track record of bringing youngsters through! But no doubt he will be listing the formations used as 1-4-3-2-1 etc. and your much vaunted revised way of providing formations will at last be vindicated in mainstream football!
    LOL . This is what we want, the splendidly sarcastic Swaley, not the grumpy miserable shouty sod of late

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Learn English Swale, pedant that you are. I mentioned bringing through Academy players. The entire world, except you, will have understood that, in Derby's case I would be referring to DCFC Academy. At PSV he didn't bring on PSV Acadaemy players. He hasn't got a track record of bringing through youth players from the Academy at the club he is managing. THAT is what Mel wants. The new guy at DCFC to bring on DCFC Academy products. It is THAT that Cocu doesn't have. That is also what I posted.

I don't know why you intentionally misunderstand posts, not only from me, but you do. I also have no interest in knowing why.

On the formation question I posted some examples fron ENGLISH COUNTY FA's. Many weeks later you revisited the topic on another thread and said I'd only posted from Dutch training manuals. A blatant lie. Still, you are what you are and will remain so unfortunately.

Serious football - not political - question.
    If Brexit goes ahead - about two and a half months into the new season - and if our new manager is seeking to bring in some Dutch signings, as seems a not unlikely scenario, is Brexit likely to have any impact on our ability to attract players from the EU or there willingness to move to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    If Brexit goes ahead - about two and a half months into the new season - and if our new manager is seeking to bring in some Dutch signings, as seems a not unlikely scenario, is Brexit likely to have any impact on our ability to attract players from the EU or there willingness to move to the UK?
    Transfer windows are designed to have that impact,not Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by wessoram View Post
    Transfer windows are designed to have that impact,not Brexit.
    Agree entirely, wesso. I’m just asking what the implications of Brexit may be for footballers from Europe, especially as it coincides with a time when our prospective new manager is going to be so much more familiar with the European/Dutch market.

I posed this question, in general, not connected with cocup, about 3 years ago. At the time nobody considered it likely to make any difference - but that didn't consider the likely no deal Brexit scenario

As there is likely to be a transition period in the case of a deal then, in a deal situation, there would be no change. After that, EU players would be governed by the same Visa regulations that currently cover all non-EU footballers.

Not sure what would happen in the acse of No deal.

In either situation, once fully out, the FA could again bring in quotas for European players

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No impact at all, just like the rest of the Europeans they'll come where the money is. That's why all the best players in the world want to play in the Prem. They like taking our money no doubt about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    No impact at all, just like the rest of the Europeans they'll come where the money is. That's why all the best players in the world want to play in the Prem. They like taking our money no doubt about it!
    I don't think that is right Mop, certainly not at the lower tier or scotch league levels. I would think the same eligibility rules would apply that currently apply to African and Asian players

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)