+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phillip Cocu

Phillip Cocu

48 year old ex Barça played now in the frame according to The Times!!
    Who....??

He was durch international player I seem to recall. MA must know....

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    He was durch international player I seem to recall. MA must know....
    Anybody but Darren Moore but got a terrible feeling he will get it just hope I'm wrong

Dutch international. 3 Dutch Leagues and a Cup win in his time as Manager of PSV. He is well known for his "business-like" style of football. Some would see it as boring. He also doesn't have a great record of bringing Academy kids through. Decent enough but I don't think he ticks enough of Mel's boxes to get the job...... if he's even been contacted.

One report over here says that DCFC have already spoken to Cocu's "people" but that is has doubts about the quality of the squad now the TEN loanees have returned to their parent clubs........ Guess why I don't trust this particular "story"?

Oh, you are a suspicious one MA!!
    If you chuck in FL and his entourage (who clearly Chelski lent to us) they ain't far off!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Oh, you are a suspicious one MA!!
    If you chuck in FL and his entourage (who clearly Chelski lent to us) they ain't far off!!!!
    Mrs F says Cocu has a girl's nose but otherwise 'presents well', so there ya go Mel, crack on!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Dutch international. 3 Dutch Leagues and a Cup win in his time as Manager of PSV. He is well known for his "business-like" style of football. Some would see it as boring. He also doesn't have a great record of bringing Academy kids through. Decent enough but I don't think he ticks enough of Mel's boxes to get the job...... if he's even been contacted.

One report over here says that DCFC have already spoken to Cocu's "people" but that is has doubts about the quality of the squad now the TEN loanees have returned to their parent clubs........ Guess why I don't trust this particular "story"?
    Well let's think "now the 10 loanees have returned to their parent clubs"

There's Mount Tomori Wilson King going back, that's 4.

Then there's Martin Blackman Butterfield Lowe Elsnik Thomas coming back (although Thomas now sold). That's 6 more.

So that's 10 loanees returning to their parent clubs leaving us with our "native" squad, which Cocu has to work with - but we've sold one and are thinning out some of the others. So what's not to trust? Seems accurate reporting.

Maybe there are even more?

GP, Elsnik has been let go as well.

Also the story was about 10 loanees we had last season leaving Derby and going back to their parnet clubs and being no longer here...... but nice try all the same

Cocu has agreed a 4 year deal as the new DCFC head coach which he will sign on Wednesday. he will take with him his former PSV assistant Chris Van Der Weeden and current Jong PSV assistant Twan Scheepers as his assistants, both of them will both sign 4 year contracts.

Didn't take long....

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)