+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: O/T Are you richer than ever before?

Eyes rolled when I gave you my Thomas Cook short 2 days ago and shareholders all but wiped out today as it crashes.
    Purplebricks will be the next one to come crashing down but not easy to get a short on at present so have to make do with what I have already got on!
    I know you laugh but I am the only one who gives the winner and losers before the race.
    I really hate saying I told you so.
    Don’t put money on as you risk losing it but keep following Optibiotix for a winner and you will see!

I can't be added to read through 6 pages but the only people who are wealthy today are people who are mortgage free and bought there house 20-30 years ago and the people in well paid jobs.

self goverment contribution to pension has gone up 5 per cent yet at my company they have offered a 40 pence a week payrise and gmb (worthless union) have voted there members to strike.

so no I'm worse off

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    I can't be added to read through 6 pages but the only people who are wealthy today are people who are mortgage free and bought there house 20-30 years ago and the people in well paid jobs.

self goverment contribution to pension has gone up 5 per cent yet at my company they have offered a 40 pence a week payrise and gmb (worthless union) have voted there members to strike.

so no I'm worse off
    If you are too lazy to read 6 small pages then that is a possible explanation for your poverty.
    Reading gives you knowledge which in turn helps you to take opportunities and this is likely to bring you increased wealth.
    Wallowing in your working classness with constant woe is me attitude is the problem.
    To be clear welovebooth this is not meant to be as personal as it may appear but your post gives me a perfect opportunity to make a point.
    It’s not others that make you poor,it’s yourself.

Meanwhile over at the Labour Party HQ staff are considering striking over pay.

Labour party bosses have offered £800 pa rises, but that's been rejected.

£800 is a significant number because that's the amount the Labour Party pay their legal team Carter-Ruck PER HOUR to investigate and clear up their anti-semitism allegations.

When you moan about the cost of estate agents, solicitors, diagnostic reports and the likes you don'd know how cheap it is compared with France.

Based on the two transactions with a total value of 247,000€
    I'm in the process of selling mine home and buying another. The total costs for the estate agent for the two transactions is 17,600€. You can avoid this by selling it ont interweb if you want but the thing you can't avoid it the soicitors which is a stagering 22,600€ of which 85% is tax.
    All of these fees are met by the buyer. Purple Bricks would clean up if they were allowed to operate here.

I'm much better off today than I was before leaving the UK and my kids are going to be free of iniversity debt when they start their first jobs after attending Uni.
    I suppose that having the tax on one thing pays for the free education available to all kids.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 13-07-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Interesting that Purple bricks can't operate there. Isn't the EU supposed to be all about free trade and supply of services?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Interesting that Purple bricks can't operate there. Isn't the EU supposed to be all about free trade and supply of services?
    You'd think that everything would be equal but it strangely isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kempo View Post
    Eyes rolled when I gave you my Thomas Cook short 2 days ago and shareholders all but wiped out today as it crashes.
    Purplebricks will be the next one to come crashing down but not easy to get a short on at present so have to make do with what I have already got on!
    I know you laugh but I am the only one who gives the winner and losers before the race.
    I really hate saying I told you so.
    Don’t put money on as you risk losing it but keep following Optibiotix for a winner and you will see!
    It's been widely reported about Thomas Cook being in trouble so can't call you a soothsayer there.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's been widely reported about Thomas Cook being in trouble so can't call you a soothsayer there.
    LOL
    Except I mentioned on here 18 months ago that I had shorted it!!
    Anyway I am glad it was so obvious and you made plenty of easy money...well done from me!

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    gm_gm - that has to be the worst 1M+ house I've seen for sale around Rotherham. My friend growing up lived here and I can honestly say back in the 1970s I ever thought this would be worth a million when it was listed, in fact it wasn't as they just dropped it to 900K

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property...-59032764.html
    Burglar magnet

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011