+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinnock joins Brentford

Pinnock joins Brentford

Defender leaves Oakwell after two years, for an undisclosed fee.

Barnsley Football Club have reluctantly accepted an offer from Brentford Football Club for Ethan Pinnock.

Pinnock joined the club in the summer of 2017 from Forest Green Rovers, going on to make 66 appearances for the Reds during that time. Last season, the defender formed part of the strongest defence in the league and was voted into the PFA and EFL Team of the Season.

Everyone at Barnsley Football Club would like to thank Ethan for his professionalism and effort during his time at Oakwell, helping the club to secure promotion last season. We wish him well in his future career.

The club can confirm it has made a significant profit on the transfer and will retain an interest in the future of the player.

Paul Conway, the club’s Co-Chairman, has issued the following comment to fans of the club after the departure of Pinnock.

He said: “We ‎would like to thank Ethan for his dedication to the club for the last two seasons and wish him well. All proceeds from the sale will be reinvested in the squad in this transfer window. We offered Ethan a number of contract extensions but unfortunately, we were not able to convince him to stay. As I have stated before, the club will sell a player with less than one year left on their contract if they will not accept our contract extension offer. We believe we have mitigated this issue of shorter term contracts, as in the last 18 months and going forward most of the young players we have acquired have been signed to four or five-year deals.

“The board has been very pleased with the new contracts signed this summer, with Cauley Woodrow, Cameron McGeehan, Jacob Brown and the permanent signing and new contract for Mike Bähre. We aim that there will be additional extensions to come from the squad and staff.

“We want to welcome again Luke Thomas, Brad Collins, Mads Anderson and Samuel Radlinger. There are other new exciting signings on the way. Finally, we want to thank all Reds fans for the continued strong support of the club, as seen in our record season ticket sales for the upcoming campaign.”

Looks like three or four more young and cheap ones to come in forra total of £3 million.

The "new" plan seems to be four year contracts and sell good 'uns for "significant profit" after two years.

The Championship is an unforgiving place for young 'uns.

We gi game away to other club's , one year left , refuse to sign an extension , we sell , all other club's know this , that's why we don't get better offers just now ,
    Thanks ennyrooard Ethan , Rolls Royce of a defender , been a pleasure to watch , good luck lad

Don’t worry we will all enjoy League 1 next season!
    New Keeper, 2 new centre backs not a hope in hell of developing a decent relationship and understanding until around Christmas in an unforgiving league by which time it will be over!
    However all is not lost the new players will bring us back up straight away and then we will sell them for profit and replace with new young talent who will get relegated....repeat....repeat but at least the owners will be happy.
    Mark my words Moore to go in the next week or so as well, definitely what I said would happen when this lot took over and for me my time of traveling to watch them everywhere is regrettably over.
    I’ll pick up the odd game but i’m Nobody’s mug to work hard to put my money into someone else’s pocket with no reward.

Looks like we are going to play Yo-Yo.
    I am gonna wait until we see what quality of player we sign before criticising, but the signs are for me that we are going into a season that could define us with players we don’t know, who don’t know this League, haven’t played at this level anywhere (home or abroad) and that strategy is either going to work out lucky, or be an severe embarrassment.

I sincerely hope that it’s the former, but if it goes wrong then we will know that the owners are happy to play a yo yo game every season and trust that the supporters will stick around in League one again, with nothing to look forward to after promotion each year than “Gamble on Poundland” Players.

How many times can you watch a poor ending Film?

Dissapointed

Pretty simple business decision , the club offers Ethan an improved deal in line with what we can afford , Ethan thinks he can do better which he obviously has , Ethan leaves club for substantially more money than we paid for him .

We then reinvest part of that fee in to signing a replacement and we move on .

Nothing really to see here in reality .

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Dissapointed
    Disappointed with your spelling

This Policy is a bit like Chris Froome winning the Tour de France on a top of the range bike and then getting a Boris Bike and expecting to win again!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pretty simple business decision , the club offers Ethan an improved deal in line with what we can afford , Ethan thinks he can do better which he obviously has , Ethan leaves club for substantially more money than we paid for him .

We then reinvest part of that fee in to signing a replacement and we move on .

Nothing really to see here in reality .

It’s too inflexible. We should have sold Lyndsey and kept Pinnock then if we were safe in January reassessed. They’re too rigid with the plan.

I know that before the season ended the Board were made aware all three wanted to leave

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast