+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pinnock joins Brentford

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    pay them proper championship wages

thats all they have to do.
    they'll not part with their own cash to subsidize inflated wage demands and I don't blame em. Running the club without expenditure exceeding income is how were being run which is fair enough for me. Cryne did exactly the same in the middle to latter end of his tenure

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    they'll not part with their own cash to subsidize inflated wage demands and I don't blame em. Running the club without expenditure exceeding income is how were being run which is fair enough for me. Cryne did exactly the same in the middle to latter end of his tenure

and when we go down losing 6 MILLION QUID AS A RESULT whats going to be the excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Not only have they bought into the Cryne philosophy on spending but also his distinct philosophy of lack of ambition
    Just what exactly is our new owners football plan

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    It's our problem that we can't compete with the likes of Luton [Moncur] Millwall [Bradshaw] Scowen [QPR] Pinnock [Brentford]
    If you catch my drift
    Not convinced any of them pay much more than us, except QPR who we know were offering silly money.
    Average salary in Championship last year was circa 20k, bearing in mind Stoke had nearly a full team on 80k. Brentford allegedly were circa 180k a week which suggests they would be around the 10k mark

Gutting int it ?

and when we go down losing 6 MILLION QUID AS A RESULT whats going to be the excuse.
    We're league 1 mentality and have been since Robins left so i'd imagine that we factor in the loss of TV revenue in the distinct possibility of relegation. I don't blame the club, we are running a tight ship and unlike many others keeping art o financial trouble by not giving into blood suckers. I blame greed and the way the game has become and that is where my anger lies, int 10k a week enuff for anyone? Paying big wages doesn't guarantee owt but financial heartache for a club of our size, look at Sunderland, Leeds, Bolton, Forest, Wendys, Blunts, Leicester etc. All paying big wages but found themselves in league1, one of them clubs was down there for 6 consecutive seasons don't forget

We offered him £9k a week which is decent . He wouldn’t sign but I’d have kept him til January

I believe Pinnock was offered 10k a week to sign a new contract , that is pretty good going in my opinion and still turned it down .

The alternative of course if you want to see players obtain " proper championship wages " as you put it would be to significantly raise the price of ST's and match day tickets .

I'll criticise the club with the best of em when it's warranted but if 10k aint enough for you then you feck off and go play somewhere else .

Pleasing in many respects the club ain't getting held to ransom and paying these feckers money we don't have .

10k a week is far from peanuts , it's a bloody good offer for a lad with one decent season in league one behind him .

Feck him .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Not only have they bought into the Cryne philosophy on spending but also his distinct philosophy of lack of ambition
    Just what exactly is our new owners football plan
    Why are they here?
    I can understand a local businessman with a few million quid bartering over a thousand or two on wages, or snapping up £3M for your star man, but these new owners are on a different level. What are their intentions?
    I don't expect them to throw tens of millions on new signings, or offer £20k a week wages but they could show a bit of ambition.
    £3M divvied up between a few billionaires doesn't amount to much, why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    Why are they here?
    I can understand a local businessman with a few million quid bartering over a thousand or two on wages, or snapping up £3M for your star man, but these new owners are on a different level. What are their intentions?
    I don't expect them to throw tens of millions on new signings, or offer £20k a week wages but they could show a bit of ambition.
    £3M divvied up between a few billionaires doesn't amount to much, why bother?
    To tell the truth Hodger I'm far more comfortable as a self sustaining club rather than be in debt to these owners as we were under Cryne .

I don't think I could stand another spell of God like status that hides the real truth that the club is run like a local Joke Shop .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast