+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pontus janssen

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    his time at the club is finished
    And why is that? Because the club said he was disruptive? Can you back that up?
    it makes more sense to sell him now & get something
    Why is he being sold in the first place?
    rather than risk him influencing other squad members to become disruptive too.
    Tell me one instance in which he appeared to be disruptive, apart from that Aston Villa incident.

Quote Originally Posted by cress View Post
    And why is that? Because the club said he was disruptive? Can you back that up?

Why is he being sold in the first place?

Tell me one instance in which he appeared to be disruptive, apart from that Aston Villa incident.
    One incident is one too many - the management have made their decision which we all have to accept whether we like it or not - move on.

In short, no, you can't back it up.

I keep reading this "we got found out" last season but we all know that you can't dominate every game you play in the Championship.

Last season we had more attempts at goal than any other team, some 55 more attempts than Norwich and 150+ more than Sheff Utd, Whilst at the other end of the pitch the opposition only had 441 attempts. That is the best in the Championship.

Some teams "parked the bus" against us but we still had shots on goal. A team that wanted to come out and play against us we did pretty well against. Bielsa took a mediocre team from the season previous with 2-3 additions and made one of the best defensive and attacking teams out there (by stats only).

Remember last season when we sold the player that has never really been spoken about on here, a Mr R. Viera, some said that was the end of our chances that season.

The whole Jansson saga doesn't really trouble me, if he is being disruptive then he needs to go. The problem is we don't know what has been going on behind closed doors.

When we lost the ER leg of the playoffs last season and he came and sat out on the pitch by himself, too me that doesn't smack of team spirit, where you win or lose together more like he was in a sulk.

I liked Jansson, he showed passion but only when it suited him in my eyes. He is off to Brentford now, I wish him the best of luck except when we play them.

No one is better than Leeds United

"If he is being disruptive"........and in what basis does anyone (can anyone), arrive at that conclusion?

"One incident is one too many", to quote a favourite poster of mine. Oh yeah? So Bremner, Giles, Charlton, Batty, Viduka, McCormack, Becchio all were just angels who never had anything but sweetness and light to bestow upon their respective managers/coaches?

It's easy to manage when all is going well, the true test if management comes when sh1t hits the fan. We seem to respond by shipping out players who might be "hard" to manage, rather than managing hard, shame that.

Quote Originally Posted by iamleeds View Post
    No one is better than Leeds United
    Including Marco Bielsa and the current, past and probably future owners, not just players.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    I keep reading this "we got found out" last season but we all know that you can't dominate every game you play in the Championship.

Last season we had more attempts at goal than any other team, some 55 more attempts than Norwich and 150+ more than Sheff Utd, Whilst at the other end of the pitch the opposition only had 441 attempts. That is the best in the Championship.
    You were only the fifth highest scorers, 20 goals behind Norwich. All that stat proves is a lack of attacking quality and that shots are being forced.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    and made us one of the best defensive and attacking teams out there (by stats only).
    Absolutely not true.

If supporters like you can't recognise your team's frailties an idealist like Bielse will have free reign to repeat the same mistakes.
    Last edited by Katchouro; 07-07-2019 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchouro View Post
    You were only the fifth highest scorers, 20 goals behind Norwich. All that stat proves is a lack of attacking quality and that shots are being forced.

Absolutely not true.

If supporters like you can't recognise your team's frailties an idealist like Bielse will have free reign to repeat the same mistakes.
    Spot on

Hi Katchouro.
    Mind your own business and fu ck off.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)