+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So.i'm not the only one who thought Dom Ball was a decent player

So.i'm not the only one who thought Dom Ball was a decent player

He's just signed a 2 year deal with QPR

I should ban you for giving LBJ the fuel to bore us to death again for the next two weeks

Back darn sarf....good luck to him - we treat him abysmally. A centre back from Spurs who can play several key positions.....but Wood got a 2 year contract....Purrington's a debatable second fiddle to our man of the season so not that fussed but younger and now Championship players.....but no signs of cliques....big season this for Warnsey !
    Not checked details but on face value good moves for them both....good luck lads.

There are a lot more people care about the club than I cam. Some folk even go to games. The bad apples and the frozen out boys will be an interesting side issue this season. The Money from Vaulks has already spoken volumes - let's hope we use it well.... up the Millers!

I don't think he's actually a good player but for those that do he obviously had an attitude problem which our Manager isn't prepared to tolerate

He's said that multiple times so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he's not wanted.

Yes at least one other person

"[Manager Mark Warburton] was my academy manager at Watford and took me to Rangers on loan where we had a very successful season.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    I don't think he's actually a good player but for those that do he obviously had an attitude problem which our Manager isn't prepared to tolerate

He's said that multiple times so it shouldn't come as a surprise that he's not wanted.
    There is something in his make up flour that's for sure, however I always thought he'd shown a bit of potential and cold have been a good signing for us but the manager saw things differently.
    He fell out with the manager at Peterborough when on loan and was sent out to scotland and obviously did well, but the championship is very different to Scottish football and I'll be keeping an eye on QPR to see how he goes on.

And what would Wood do with a young multi-positional ex Spurs upstart saying:

"Why is the old guy playing when I'm a better player"...(arguably) - but we never really got the chance to find out.....Balls loss - Wood's gain.

But was that in the best interest of Rotherham United ? I would have liked to seen Ball more and see just how bad PW thought he was....Probably a "respect" thing Ball not respecting the new conscript manager. Rotherham United first should be the policy... regime change cost Rotherham the championship twice.

This season is massive.

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    And what would Wood do with a young multi-positional ex Spurs upstart saying:

"Why is the old guy playing when I'm a better player"...(arguably) - but we never really got the chance to find out.....Balls loss - Wood's gain.

But was that in the best interest of Rotherham United ? I would have liked to seen Ball more and see just how bad PW thought he was....Probably a "respect" thing Ball not respecting the new conscript manager. Rotherham United first should be the policy... regime change cost Rotherham the championship twice.

This season is massive.
    He could have been the difference in us staying up and getting relegated, he was versatile and played just in front of the back four sometimes at Aberdeen and didn't look out of place at all.

Never mind onwards and upwards UTM

F-Kinnell Roscoe - he may have been the difference - and that's all that counts for me. Sadly - too many examples of manager's decisions costing us the championship.

Grinds my gears - and I still worry that Rotherham United have "settled" with on the job training versus hard nosed professionals. Roundabout or not - professional managers have a CV to develop....and that's why Kenny Jacket walked.

All is well - IF you're easily satisfied.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast