+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Info?? Someone Not Happy

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Because they’ve made enquiries to Notts Council about the possibility of building student housing on our famous old ground
    Really ??
    Evidence please.

Because they’ve made enquiries to Notts Council about the possibility of building student housing on our famous old ground
    And? Why is everyone so obsessed with Meadow Lane? Since it's redevelopment, have we had much success? We've had two promotions (one that put us in the current mess!), Two failed play off attempts and multiple relegations and too many relegation battles. A fresh start is what we need

In which case, you're either breaching confidentiality or making sh*t up.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    And? Why is everyone so obsessed with Meadow Lane? Since it's redevelopment, have we had much success? We've had two promotions (one that put us in the current mess!), Two failed play off attempts and multiple relegations and too many relegation battles. A fresh start is what we need
    Meadow Lane is in what I would call a prime location it’s very close to the city centre, train station, has plenty of bars/food places around if that’s what you do on a match day.

Move it to the arsehole of nowhere and it doesn’t become as attractive.

I don’t like or want change either this is our home regardless of what success we have had.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Meadow Lane is in what I would call a prime location it’s very close to the city centre, train station, has plenty of bars/food places around if that’s what you do on a match day.

Move it to the arsehole of nowhere and it doesn’t become as attractive.

I don’t like or want change either this is our home regardless of what success we have had.
    In this hypothetical situation, we don't know where we would be moving to. There are plenty of other areas that could be in an ideal spot. People don't like change but put it this way. Faced with a new stadium and a club, or no club at all, Meadow lane can go bye bye

And? Why is everyone so obsessed with Meadow Lane?
    Because it's where I've always seen Notts play home games. Because it's where I witnessed Jimmy's teams. Because it's where I've had an unbelievable amount of football memories both high and low. Because it's where I would like my ashes scattered.

Any Notts fan who doesn't realise the significance of Meadow Lane can stick their Chicken Balti Pie up their arse.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Because it's where I've always seen Notts play home games. Because it's where I witnessed Jimmy's teams. Because it's where I've had an unbelievable amount of football memories both high and low. Because it's where I would like my ashes scattered.

Any Notts fan who doesn't realise the significance of Meadow Lane can stick their Chicken Balti Pie up their arse.
    It's a piece of land which football is played on, the stadium you talk of has long gone. So obviously your attachment is to a certain set of coordinates, not a stadium

It's a piece of land which football is played on, the stadium you talk of has long gone. So obviously your attachment is to a certain set of coordinates, not a stadium
    My attachment is to the spiritual home of a football club for over a century.

If you don't get that there is no hope for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My attachment is to the spiritual home of a football club for over a century.

If you don't get that there is no hope for you.
    Why? Because I'm not attached to a piece of land? Do you think Swansea fans wish they were back at Vetch Field in League 2? Same goes for Cardiff? How about Derby and Leicester? I don't think you'll find many of their fans wishing to go back to the Baseball Ground and Filbert Street.

Objectively, Meadow Lane is neither successful for us or is it a particularly well designed stadium. The Kop has two massive poles that blocks the view for around 50% of seats. The family stand doesn't give great views. We can't use anywhere close to the capacity of the Sirrel because of how it's designed underneath. The only thought-out stand for the fans sitting in it is the Pavis and even that isn't great. If you sit near the tunnel, you have to access through nearer the sides and walk through and past people sitting down in their seats. Never mind the fact it's not in proportion. The tunnel doesn't line up with the middle of the pitch and the Sirrel is at an angle. One other problem with the Sirrel is that at around 3-4PM, the sun is directly in your eyes. Other than that, the stadium is great...

In this hypothetical situation, we don't know where we would be moving to. There are plenty of other areas that could be in an ideal spot. People don't like change but put it this way. Faced with a new stadium and a club, or no club at all, Meadow lane can go bye bye
    No we don’t know that but like 99% of new grounds they are soulless and generally in the middle of nowhere as I have seen with quite a few new grounds Eg Stoke/Coventry.

It is just a ground or just a pitch to you but I see it differently like Elite says it is our home / history look at Anfield it is in a sh*thole area but if you have been to that ground you just can not replace it not (I know they are a huge club but they could if they want to move to a much bigger ground)

As for the no club part it’s unlikely to come to that imo and we only have a week to find out none of us can control that though.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast