+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Info?? Someone Not Happy

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Why? Because I'm not attached to a piece of land? Do you think Swansea fans wish they were back at Vetch Field in League 2? Same goes for Cardiff? How about Derby and Leicester? I don't think you'll find many of their fans wishing to go back to the Baseball Ground and Filbert Street.

Objectively, Meadow Lane is neither successful for us or is it a particularly well designed stadium. The Kop has two massive poles that blocks the view for around 50% of seats. The family stand doesn't give great views. We can't use anywhere close to the capacity of the Sirrel because of how it's designed underneath. The only thought-out stand for the fans sitting in it is the Pavis and even that isn't great. If you sit near the tunnel, you have to access through nearer the sides and walk through and past people sitting down in their seats. Never mind the fact it's not in proportion. The tunnel doesn't line up with the middle of the pitch and the Sirrel is at an angle. One other problem with the Sirrel is that at around 3-4PM, the sun is directly in your eyes. Other than that, the stadium is great...
    Spoken like a true Forest fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Why? Because I'm not attached to a piece of land? Do you think Swansea fans wish they were back at Vetch Field in League 2? Same goes for Cardiff? How about Derby and Leicester? I don't think you'll find many of their fans wishing to go back to the Baseball Ground and Filbert Street.

Objectively, Meadow Lane is neither successful for us or is it a particularly well designed stadium. The Kop has two massive poles that blocks the view for around 50% of seats. The family stand doesn't give great views. We can't use anywhere close to the capacity of the Sirrel because of how it's designed underneath. The only thought-out stand for the fans sitting in it is the Pavis and even that isn't great. If you sit near the tunnel, you have to access through nearer the sides and walk through and past people sitting down in their seats. Never mind the fact it's not in proportion. The tunnel doesn't line up with the middle of the pitch and the Sirrel is at an angle. One other problem with the Sirrel is that at around 3-4PM, the sun is directly in your eyes. Other than that, the stadium is great...
    Good call Balti.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    My attachment is to the spiritual home of a football club for over a century.

If you don't get that there is no hope for you.
    It would be a terrible terrible thing to have to leave Meadow Lane but it might have to happen if a choice needs to be made between existing or not.

Spoken like a true Forest fan.
    Or someone who isn't obsessed with a bit of land and understands that its just a seat to watch a game of football

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Good call Balti.
    Another Notts fan with no affection for, or emotional attachment to Meadow Lane.

Sad.

Also that twitter feed is drivel. Needs deleting.

My attachment is to the spiritual home of a football club for over a century.

If you don't get that there is no hope for you.
    I understand both arguments, but for me the real Meadow Lane died when it was redeveloped in the early 90s. Providing we gained from the move and were somewhere that had good transport links and amenities, I wouldn't be averse to a move.

I loved standing on the old County Road side for leagues games and in the Main Stand for reserve games back in the day, but struggle to have the same warm memories for the redeveloped ground - especially all those times when the only thing you could hear were the away fans in the Kop.

That Twitters e-mail is "na*******@y****.***"

So obviously a Yahoo address, who's NA within the club?

Another Notts fan with no affection for, or emotional attachment to Meadow Lane.

Sad.
    I've certainly got affection for Meadow Lane and leaving would always be a last resort. Having said that, if a business case was presented with strong evidence that this would be in Notts County's best long-term interests, I wouldn't say never.

Been going to Meadow Lane since 1975, do not even question my affection or loyalty. Obviously no one else is allowed an opinion on here except you. Get your head from up your arse and look at the bigger picture.
    Dick.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast