+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Might as well pack it in

Quote Originally Posted by Jack rodders View Post
    We are moving forward by not making the same contract mistakes as before , how frustrating was it to see our players sign a 2year deal and then after a half decent season like Pinnock, his head gets turned by more cash no matter who the team is, so we have to sell or let him go for nothing later.
    Now we have 4-5 years so either sell for plenty or refuse. That’s the progress,
    Let’s not forget though all teams including every top prem side are selling clubs if price is right , so why think we are any different.
    But this should mean bigger transfers, if not , then you can be upset.
    The key words in your post "if price is right"
    4/5 year contracts yes but what you don't know is are there any release clauses included

Look at today’s news where Arnautovic has again requested a transfer not long after signing a new deal after he was persuaded to sign a new deal just 6 months ago, West Ham will sell him guaranteed, player power has become too much, my only argument with Barnsley players being sold is the fee we get, and with longer contracts that should increase the transfer. But loads of top players have release clause . The way of the world

I won’t watch any other team but I’m not gonna continue to shell out hard earned cash to watch this lot struggle to survive! Absolutely no ambition to be anymore than a yo yo club between 2nd and 3rd division!
    And you don’t need to comment on this Wardy you smug wind up ar2ehol3....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12