+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Perez

I don't know why I'm bothering..

The club makes money other than from player sales, hence the 50m starting budget. Money from player sales is the least we should spend.

You do know our spend against other clubs in the top league is very low, right?

Outgoing money is not ignored. It's often not reinvested...shhhhh...we've all witnessed it many times dating back to the sale of Carroll. We are also the only club that counts incoming wages as part of a transfer budget but ignores the saving of selling a player.

I could go on and all these points have been made before.

Now, before pretending to be an intellect and above all those that appose your narrow minded views, I suggest you learn about the situation at Newcastle United. And if it really doesn't bother you...if you can find no passion in support of the club and are happy to see it **** on by the fat man...I suggest you find a new hobby or finally go to the dark side with your mackem buddies.

I shall go back to, "bollox" now.

So is that considered a 30 million sale plus the remainder of the wages added that he was due to get for the remainder of his contract? Ie: say a total of, 33 or 34 million in the coffers for a replacement?

Or will it be installments of 30 million over 5 years and 50 per cent of one year of those installments made available for the new player ie: 3 million?

All bollox, if the fee of 30 mill is true then it is good business but TBH it will make little or no difference as the new manager wont get amywhere near that figure.

Mind, leaving aside the issue of selling our top goalscorer from the last two seasons while we don't have a manager, it's easy to get Perez 'the player' caught up in the whole furore surrounding the chaos at the club.

Is there a danger we're elevating him to a status beyond his actual ability? I mean, he seems a canny bloke and i wish him well and maybe he will kick on from this season-which i think has been his best. But, what we saw this season was Perez' career in microcosm...a really shit start with some truly appalling performances followed by an upturn some time after Christmas with some fantastic performances. Over the course of a season he is hugely inconsistent and it will be interesting to see which Perez Leicester get.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Mind, leaving aside the issue of selling our top goalscorer from the last two seasons while we don't have a manager, it's easy to get Perez 'the player' caught up in the whole furore surrounding the chaos at the club.

Is there a danger we're elevating him to a status beyond his actual ability? I mean, he seems a canny bloke and i wish him well and maybe he will kick on from this season-which i think has been his best. But, what we saw this season was Perez' career in microcosm...a really shit start with some truly appalling performances followed by an upturn some time after Christmas with some fantastic performances. Over the course of a season he is hugely inconsistent and it will be interesting to see which Perez Leicester get.
    I think you are right that the timing has exaggerated peoples reaction to his sale. Although Im also genuinely a little up set as he'd just won me round!!!! Haha.

30m is a great price to be honest. Of course in the current climate I'm really not sure what 30m "generally" buys you.

Need a full strike force to complement Almiron as well as a new midfield and new full backs and of course a new manager...so at the moment his value to us as a team is going to be out of proportion to what he actually delivered.

I am genuinely not upset by the sale.

I am not sure which was the real Perez TBH, but I do know we need a striker for a whole season to match the 2nd half Perez usually brought.

We have strikers and we haven't quite seen the best of them under Rafa.
    Muto and Gayle could turn out much better under a manager that plays to their strengths.
    That doesn't mean we don't need a striker, because we do.
    All I'm saying is, one managers trash can be another managers treasure.
    Either of those two could work with a decent addition of a striker...or possibly 2.

Do you really believe the boIIocks you post?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie_Exile_De View Post
    Do you really believe the ******** you post?
    I have opinions on lots of stuff and I post them. I post them with a firm belief of how I see things.
    If people want to call it ******** and what not then feel free to do so.
    I don't profess to be correct in everything I say, I just give an opinion from my point of view and my point of view has never changed very much at all in a long long time.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)