+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Shankland signed

  1. #61
    here’s a video of all the different types of goals he’s scored.

    not all laid on a plate to a lazy player, (according to some)

    comfortable finishing with both feet, too

    https://youtu.be/s41JM-feRpg

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,420
    Quote Originally Posted by gunboat View Post
    its a signing i thought was well beyond us,its a signing that all our rivals were hoping would never happen.its the biggest statement of intent from united in years,i struggle to understand why any arab could be negative about it.
    ^^^^^^^^^
    this!!!

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Its a signing i thought was well beyond us,its a signing that all our rivals were hoping would never happen.Its the biggest statement of intent from United in years,i struggle to understand why any Arab could be negative about it.
    I totally agree.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,832
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    here’s a video of all the different types of goals he’s scored.

    not all laid on a plate to a lazy player, (according to some)

    comfortable finishing with both feet, too

    https://youtu.be/s41JM-feRpg
    He's some finisher going by that video.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^
    this!!!
    100%

  6. #66
    The variety of goals in the video show him to be a footballer as well as a finisher. His variation of where he puts penalties also shows a cleverness that, frankly, isn't often seen in Championship sides. Let's give him some tangerine love from the stands to get his confidence up . . . and he'll get us up.
    Excellent signing by the club. I imagine there was a good deal of hard work and negotiation to get him to stay in Scotland rather than head south.
    At the Invercarse dinner for the 1994 Cup legends, Mark Ogren praised the players of 25 years ago, then said "Now we'll try to make new legends". This signing gives proof to those words.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    3 year deal
    Iím really surprised at this signing to be honest. Iíve no doubt he will be a good signing for United but he will not see out the three years, this time next year he will be playing for his boyhood heroes, if he remembered to put that clause in his contract

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,134
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddy Bear View Post
    I’m really surprised at this signing to be honest. I’ve no doubt he will be a good signing for United but he will not see out the three years, this time next year he will be playing for his boyhood heroes, if he remembered to put that clause in his contract
    Why would he want to sign for a club laden with debt, no history and no top table trophy success, when he could stay with a club which has won every top honour in Scottish fitba, no comparison really

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    274
    Or maybe (good as he may be) he wants to play within his comfort zone...

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Why would he want to sign for a club laden with debt, no history and no top table trophy success, when he could stay with a club which has won every top honour in Scottish fitba, no comparison really
    Ask Jon daly, and he wasnae even a rangers fan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •