+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankland signed

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    this petermackie is a right clown

Really good signing on face of it, hopefully calm a few of our fans negativity that I'm struggling to understand

Obviously hope he is fit and well over the injury from last season and that we can play to his strengths, if I remember they played a 4-4-1-1 with Moffat behind Shankland creating with him.. We don't have a player of that ilk so If playing with a partner then I'd go with Clark or Cammy Smith as opposed to Sow as can't see that working at all
    Sorry Shedka...thought you boys might have been interested...silly me🤭

Just had a wee nosey at 'east futbah' for the first time in a long time, alot of negativity from that bunch regarding Shankland, unsurprisingly really one even brands him 'unproven' some board like...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Just had a wee nosey at 'east futbah' for the first time in a long time, alot of negativity from that bunch regarding Shankland, unsurprisingly really one even brands him 'unproven' some board like...
    Just the way it is now offshore, reckon if we signed Messi some would complain his best days are past

Great signing for the club, hope he is a huge success, but if not then at least he can’t score against us

Has he definitely signed now? Has he passed the medical? Still nothing on the club's official site.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOWLLY View Post
    Has he definitely signed now? Has he passed the medical? Still nothing on the club's official site.
    Medical is tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    Medical is tomorrow!!
    Thank you.

great signing when you think about it, a proven scorer in this league. Exciting times!!!
    If it goes through it marks a massive statement of intent from the Ogrens. No more *****footing around, let's get out of this league. Now.
    What I said on a different thread about wanting to dominate the league from day 1. Let the others chase us instead of the other way round. He's making a big investment in the club, not just to buy it but to run it too and take us where his vision lies. If we signed no one else I'd be cautiously optimistic but I don't think were done yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Just the way it is now offshore, reckon if we signed Messi some would complain his best days are past

Great signing for the club, hope he is a huge success, but if not then at least he can’t score against us
    true mate, i love a good moan but how people can be negative regarding signing a lad who's scored for fun for the past 2 years i do not know???

true mate, i love a good moan but how people can be negative regarding signing a lad who's scored for fun for the past 2 years i do not know???
    I hear ya bud, but they did the same with the Ginger Prince

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If it goes through it marks a massive statement of intent from the Ogrens. No more *****footing around, let's get out of this league. Now.
    What I said on a different thread about wanting to dominate the league from day 1. Let the others chase us instead of the other way round. He's making a big investment in the club, not just to buy it but to run it too and take us where his vision lies. If we signed no one else I'd be cautiously optimistic but I don't think were done yet.
    I don't think we're finished in the transfer market either. We may have to be real patient though as - quite rightly - we're not in the market for squad fillers. The better players will become available in due course. But I think we've got enough to start the season.

Gonna be tough though. Every chunt in this league will be fired up when they play us. There will be no easy games. Home or away.

But we've been down long enough to know what counts. A good long solid run of results to set the pace.

The derbies will be interesting given that The Fun appear to be tooling up for a good crack at getting back up in one too.

Yeah, interesting times ahead.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)