+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T When the phuck will this country wake up?.

O/T When the phuck will this country wake up?.

The money being poured into English football from subscription TV took on a new meaning this week when Manchester United paid FIFTY MILLION POUNDS for an U21 Crystal Palace fullback who is so one footed he scored an own goal that effectively knocked England out of the U21 Euro's last week.
    The Lionesses have had millions poured into their bid for world cup glory whereas their Scottish counterparts have hardly got a pot to pyss in,it may have escaped your attention but per capita Scotland pay more to subscription channel's than any other nation in the UK but our clubs,men's and women's national sides get pennies compared to their English counterparts.
    Last week Arsenal bid around 13 million pounds for Tierney the Celtic fullback who in my opinion is better than Wan-Bissaka the 50 million pound man and Robertson is twice the player of both of them.The common man or woman in England sneer at our nation's sporting prowess but is it any wonder?,our league's and national team's are in this age of TV money being massively underfunded yet this nation built on the reputation of Wallace and Bruce remain subservient to our southern masters.
    As the title of the thread asks,when the phuck are we as a nation gonna wake up?,i am a very proud Scot and find it humiliating that the men's football team have failed to qualify for a major since 1998 especially when i see Iceland with a population less than Edinburgh knocking our master's oot O the Euro's and Croatia playing them aff the pitch in a World Cup Semi Final as an independent nation with a population over a million short of our's.
    We cannot go back to the halcyon days when we produced players from poverty and the tenements playing in the streets with a tennis ball,if we are ever gonna produce players like Baxter,Johnstone or Sturrock it need's to be funded by this country being independent and getting a fairer deal from SKY.BT,etc,if people cannie see that then i honestly worry where the game in Scotland will end up,in my opinion its a complete joke at the moment and a lot of people who have supported their club and the national team are feeling disenfranchised.
    I suppose we do bring some of our game's troubles upon ourselves though cos when the SFA said that Rod Petrie was in tears when appointed president of the SFA its only fair to mention that i shed a few myself,FACT.

How long have you been saving that one up for GB?
    Could he heading for the basement mind...
    But good luck with it all the same

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    How long have you been saving that one up for GB?
    Could he heading for the basement mind...
    But good luck with it all the same
    Seek FN fed up listening to A that Lioness shyte to be honest mate and hearing today that Lineker is on 1.7 million a year fae the EBC who are gonna charge the over 75s to help pay his wage.Mind you i havnie given them a penny since their biased coverage of the 2014 referendum,Thig Ar Latha,FACT.

Theres nothing in the OP I could disagree with.
    I watched the Englamd wimmen on a Canadian stream so enjoyed that fine. ABE etc.

However population drives a lot of the revenues. 68 million probably more. Can you see Scottish players getting paid in Euros within 10 years? I can

The most relevant point of the top post is the population comparison of Iceland and Scotland (money will always come and go as in any market). Clearly Iceland and other 'minor countries' have the correct infrastructure in place whereas the SFA with the continual Largs stecht have been slowly driving Scottish football, imagination and mentality down for decades now. The training regimes, formations etc are poor and the spirit of adventurism has gone, they breed a fear of losing rather than an of excitement of winning.

As long as the gravel train prevails the situation will continue. Get used to it.

Im probably going to the Cyprus game over here and expect to be taught a lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by geofoxposse View Post
    The most relevant point of the top post is the population comparison of Iceland and Scotland...
    How much money do Sky and BT give Iceland for their TV rights?

We're good at darts and curling though and we used to be good at snooker and tennis not so long ago.

So not all doom & gloom

Independence will fix everything.
    FACT

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan123 View Post
    Independence will fix everything.
    FACT
    Do not let this thread become political or its getting locked

FACT

My point exactly is shown bay money and population, Iceland has much less of each (as many countries do) yesterday their infrastructure creates better footballing teams. Its time for the Largs system to be junked.

It produces clones drilled in the same methodology, providing statutory certification in methods that do not work.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)