+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Dingles come for Ajayii?

Will the Dingles come for Ajayii?

Funny reading the Tykes message board claiming that £3million was a very poor price for their star CB Pinnock.
    If that's the case then will they come in for Ajayi and I wonder how much they would pay for him considering that he's versatile ,Nigerian International with Championship experience.

They came in for him with peanuts apparently

Barnsley like to buy players cheaply then sell them on at a profit, it's a decent business model tbf.

Unfortunately proven Championship quality midfielders and defenders do not come cheap. So if they want him they'll need to dig deep.

They've been moaning saying a 3 million bid they've supposedly had for Kieffer Moore was a joke offer lol, an unproven player at that level. Yet if they have made a bid for Ajayi it will no doubt been around the 600k mark.

Make a serious bid or jog on is what we should be telling them.

I heard that it was around 500k Riley and it was probably the bid was expected by Warne early on in the transfer window.

Will he go anywhere? I'm not too sure!

Not sure Frog. If the most we can get for him is 500k I'd rather us keep him, get a really good season out of him which hopefully leads to promotion, then let him leave for nothing when his contract runs out or get him to re-sign for us.

A move to Barnsley will be very sideways in my opinion, they will do well to stay up and there's every chance we'll go straight back up. Tbh I think there's better placed clubs than Barnsley that would take him.

I don't think he will now Frog. i think soome might take a punt on him but he is far too inconsistent for anyone to put any hard money down for him. If he starts well this season maybe then somebody will offer big money in January. i would be surprised if he goes this Summer.

I might be wrong here but I believe the Americans that own most of Barnsley FC have developed some kind of formula for buying players. They input all kind of stats into a system and it measures their worth and risk.
    I doubt they’ll deviate from it too much.

If you have seen the film Moneyball. It’s the same sort of method.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I might be wrong here but I believe the Americans that own most of Barnsley FC have developed some kind of formula for buying players. They input all kind of stats into a system and it measures their worth and risk.

Did their formula not like purrington or Dom ball?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Did their formula not like purrington or Dom ball?
    You’d have to ask them.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post

The owners have got massive wealth apparently but some of their ideas don't go down too well with lots of Barnsley supporters that I speak to. They may be unbelievably wealthy but they're selling some of their better players and not exactly splashing the cash either. That said people who have built wealth to that level rarely tend to just throw money around willy nilly.

Think that's why lots of fans are sceptical as to their reasons for buying the club in the first place.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast