+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Will the Dingles come for Ajayii?

Leeds? Well, wouldn't need to move far, if at all and hopefully we should get a decent deal, though perhaps more chance of a return to the Champ with him here?

What percentage would Cardiff's slice be?

Leeds have sold centre back Aapo Halme to ourselves and in the process of selling another centre back Pontus Jansson to Brentford .

So could be something in this .

I know quite a few Leeds fans and he was the one player they always mentioned to me.
    Probably because of the goal at the NYS vs. them

One of the Leeds fans thought he was Odejayi (kayode) as their surnames are pronounced vaguely similar.

I said one will cost you £4m , the other is free

Ajayi has gone to Germany with the rest of the squad. Of course that doesn't mean he isnt going to be sold but it would suggest there's nothing imminent. I could see Leeds coming in for him. If they do I just hope that we (a) get a proper fee, and (b) go straight to blackpool and buy Tilt.

I think other clubs are a bit wary of investing Ajayi, probably waiting until the January window when they can bid lower because we will be more desperate to offload him before his contract expires.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think other clubs are a bit wary of investing Ajayi, probably waiting until the January window when they can bid lower because we will be more desperate to offload him before his contract expires.
    Don’t think so , any club with ambitions would risk a couple of mill on a player like Ajayi ! look at the fact Bournemouth have invested 4 million in a player from Division 1 that I had never heard of !

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Don’t think so , any club with ambitions would risk a couple of mill on a player like Ajayi ! look at the fact Bournemouth have invested 4 million in a player from Division 1 that I had never heard of !

True, there’s been some big money for relatively unknown players, so why is Ajayi still with us?

Are other teams expect us to do the usual Rotherham trick of caving in for low but undisclosed transfer fees?

Are we standing our ground for a change?

I hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    Difference is Ajayi is 26 years old in November and unlikely to develop much more , a 3 year contract takes him to 29 and his resale value not great .

That's the reason you probably got the peppercorn offer from ourselves .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Difference is Ajayi is 26 years old in November and unlikely to develop much more , a 3 year contract takes him to 29 and his resale value not great .

That's the reason you probably got the peppercorn offer from ourselves .
    Maybe, but we’ve just sold Vaulks who is roughly the same age
    Last edited by Grist_To_The_Mill; 08-07-2019 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Maybe, but we’ve just sold Vaulks who is roughly the same age
    Clubs see it in different ways Grist and I'm just stating how we look at it .

I'm not saying the lad isn't worth whatever valuation you put on him or that of Vaulks .

We'd probably go to £1.5m if he was 20 years old as in the case of Luke Thomas and Malik Wilks who we've brought in .

That's just the way we go .

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast