+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Dingles come for Ajayii?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I know this is a good board kid, and I dont mind admitting that and Ive said it before on here as well!.
    And thats why I like posting on here so much about various subjects etc, because the majority of your teams fans arent cretins like you, who's only style of posting on here is to slag off one or two teams or fans.
    Nah, you've not read enough of the threads kidney. You're just trolling for dingly bits. The vast majority of my posts centre around my beloved Millers. I post my opinion on all things RUFC, sometimes good, sometimes critical. Who'd have thought that on MillersMad, eh?

Anyhow, back on topic (but thanks for the extra clicks - Cam will be delighted) I've got a sneaky feeling that Shemi Shem Shem (his twitter handle bless him) will end up at stoke.

gkotw....I think that it's patently obvious that my posts are not designed to curry favour (weird saying but hay-ho) with any clique on MM or anywhere on the planet but I do share with you (perhaps) the squelchy way Rotherham fans chat to Barnsley fans on our board. I have many "football books" - but one....

"Love, Hope & Hatred"
    (The story of English League Football Derbies) Mike Mosley - signed copy lol.

And he identifies Barnsley as our only natural enemies.

He doesn't count our encounters with S6 - S9 Donni & Chesterfield....perhaps too toy town for the deedahs.

But I agree that I am uncomfortable being too friendly with Barnsley in principle. It's just wrong. If we are to be a football power again we need to be totally bias.

And before anyone starts with my perfectly honest and considered comments about Wood - Yates - PW..et al......I say this only to Rotherham Fans as a realistic argument - agree or not...

BUT to any other fans particularly Barnsley... Rotherham United are God dam perfect and are bigger - better & have more potential than ANY football club on earth. But particularly South Yorkshire. OK !

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    gkotw....I think that it's patently obvious that my posts are not designed to curry favour (weird saying but hay-ho) with any clique on MM or anywhere on the planet but I do share with you (perhaps) the squelchy way Rotherham fans chat to Barnsley fans on our board. I have many "football books" - but one....

"Love, Hope & Hatred"
    (The story of English League Football Derbies) Mike Mosley - signed copy lol.

And he identifies Barnsley as our only natural enemies.

He doesn't count our encounters with S6 - S9 Donni & Chesterfield....perhaps too toy town for the deedahs.

But I agree that I am uncomfortable being too friendly with Barnsley in principle. It's just wrong. If we are to be a football power again we need to be totally bias.

And before anyone starts with my perfectly honest and considered comments about Wood - Yates - PW..et al......I say this only to Rotherham Fans as a realistic argument - agree or not...

BUT to any other fans particularly Barnsley... Rotherham United are God dam perfect and are bigger - better & have more potential than ANY football club on earth. But particularly South Yorkshire. OK !
    There isn't any rivalry these days because we very rarely meet on equal terms .

The geographical aspect ticks the box , the early 80's saw the two clubs go nose to nose and a bitter rivalry developed .

There's nothing more I'd like than those days to return .

I think Big E has a point. Barnsley are neither rivals or chums. I have a different perspective because I work there, but to a man all of my mates, and everyone who sups in the Angel that I talk to, is totally apathetic to Barnsley. I don't say that to condescend, its just a fact that they dont give barnsley a second thought (either good or bad).

Our natural rivalry, and our natural venom, will always be Sheffield. Genuine dee dahs will brush that off, but be under no illusions, to a rotherham born squealer their biggest game is against the Millers. Because that is where their decision to turn their back on their own is put firmly in the spotlight. They have everything to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I think Big E has a point. Barnsley are neither rivals or chums. I have a different perspective because I work there, but to a man all of my mates, and everyone who sups in the Angel that I talk to, is totally apathetic to Barnsley. I don't say that to condescend, its just a fact that they dont give barnsley a second thought (either good or bad).

Our natural rivalry, and our natural venom, will always be Sheffield. Genuine dee dahs will brush that off, but be under no illusions, to a rotherham born squealer their biggest game is against the Millers. Because that is where their decision to turn their back on their own is put firmly in the spotlight. They have everything to lose.
    Give over the two Sheffield clubs don't give a shyte about us both .

I don't mind Barnsley. Apart from any wan ker from Wath who chooses to support them. I don't like them.

Bolton on Dearne, Goldthorpe, Thurnscoe - they can all support Barnsley. In fact, why does it even say Rotherham in their address? It's Barnsley, I don't want them places to have anything to do with us.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Give over the two Sheffield clubs don't give a shyte about us both .
    Please re-read my post.

Yeah but I go back a long way!

As an apprentice Miller - I remember looking up at the TIVOLI and seeing the full kop - from the best side to Millmoor lane - top to bottom on a heap - leather and long greasy hair flapping around in a mass brawl. That was when it was a gentlemans game - no weapons just fists and see you on the ponti you @#$#@$$#.

As I have said - I was young then but as I graduated a little I did lose a tooth at home to Barnsley so definitely no love lost.

It's not big and it's not clever but it was a culture thing. Coppers on concrete pedestals at the top of the kop....beating up the kids who did nothing to get the paperwork done BIG LADS left alone.

Going down the old car park at Barnsley (from the sports complex now) bricks flying and running battles.

I'd say a healthy rivalry still exists....lol

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAndEarly View Post
    Yeah but I go back a long way!

As an apprentice Miller - I remember looking up at the TIVOLI and seeing the full kop - from the best side to Millmoor lane - top to bottom on a heap - leather and long greasy hair flapping around in a mass brawl. That was when it was a gentlemans game - no weapons just fists and see you on the ponti you @#$#@$$#.

As I have said - I was young then but as I graduated a little I did lose a tooth at home to Barnsley so definitely no love lost.

It's not big and it's not clever but it was a culture thing. Coppers on concrete pedestals at the top of the kop....beating up the kids who did nothing to get the paperwork done BIG LADS left alone.

Going down the old car park at Barnsley (from the sports complex now) bricks flying and running battles.

I'd say a healthy rivalry still exists....lol
    Yes it was a real pleasure too to stand queuing down Millmoor Lane and having bricks and bottles rain down on you whilst you couldn't move one inch to avoid them .

I go back along way too .

Barnsley won’t be coming for Ajayi, they’ve recruited elsewhere.
    If Semi was to go a starting point should be £1.5M to £2M and then add-ons. Don’t let him go cheap Millers. He’s happy enough to stay so reject the low offers and keep him for another season, even if it means taking a chance of him walking away for free next June.

A lot can change in a season.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast