+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Eastleigh away

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    Re your comments about a stab vest in Bromley, Hatter. Thats just how I felt when we parked up outside your place, for last years friendly. Small gangs of youths watching our every move from the car to the turnstyle. Very sinister. Any concrete plans yet for your relication ??
    Yep, planning approval for a new ground in the town centre approximately 600 yards from the train station granted,along with a shopping, office and leisure facility near j10 on the m1.

With any luck we'll be in power court in 3- 4 years tops.
    No out of town soulless bowl for us, a stadium built with fans in mind that will hopefully retain the atmosphere you get in KR.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Is there a chance you are making it sound more dramatic than it really is? It's just a division lower than we've played previously. Some of the clubs will have **** grounds in the middle of nowhere, and yes, they will all want to beat us, but what else would we expect?

As for sucking the soul out of us - that's already happened mate. This summer has been the most irritating, tedious, frustrating, and downright depressing experience I have ever had as a football fan. Honestly, watching my team lose 0-5 to Macclesfield at home was more enjoyable than the last two months.

If we get taken over and manage to recruit enough players to make us competitive, I can't wait for the new season to start. If we don't and we go into a busy August with 1 centre back, obviously, it'll be a nightmare - but because of the state our club is in, not because of the level of opposition.
    We spent 5 years down there, it was only us being there that took the pressure off Oxford who'd been down for 4 years when we arrived, Wrexham are STILL there . Nope it's no exaggeration, you have 46 cup finals to play, those sh** grounds are levellers .
    It's no coincidence the teams that get out of the conference in a season, have been down there before.

We get the point it is a sh*t league and we will suffer 4-0 defeats by clubs we have previously paid no attention to.

I am 100% expecting us to struggle possibly even go down to the 6th tier but at the end of the day its just a game and at this moment in time we don't even know if we will have a team/club at all in less than a weeks time.

One thing we are good at is going into a new league and sliding down the table quickly !

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    We get the point it is a sh*t league and we will suffer 4-0 defeats by clubs we have previously paid no attention to.

I am 100% expecting us to struggle possibly even go down to the 6th tier but at the end of the day its just a game and at this moment in time we don't even know if we will have a team/club at all in less than a weeks time.

One thing we are good at is going into a new league and sliding down the table quickly !
    Be more positive !! Trust me you need to be , once the despondency sets in you`re buggered ! You can rebuild and come back stronger down there , we managed it and I`m sure as hell certain with your fanbase that you can. Yes it`ll be a grind, but get that balance between the more physical side of it and get a pair of half decent goal scorers and a playmaker or two and you will come up.

Keep The Faith .

Hey Hatter 46:

First a big thankyou for your input. I know other Luton fans, (via work), who think that Notts should have been relegated for the financial irregularities of the Munto Con season. We got off scot free whereas Bournemouth got an 18 point penalty and you a 30 point penalty - in effect relegating you without kicking a ball.

My father was a huge fan of Conference football and I saw a lot of games at that level. One thing you don't mention is that there are teams in that league that actually play football. Gateshead absolutely demolished Wrexham 7-0 at the Racecourse ground a few years back. Maidenhead Utd, (part-timers), last season trounced Chesterfield 5-1. They won 3-1 at the Proact Stadium and it could easily have been 7 or 8-1. They controlled the game for 90 minutes, with a team of loanees and never-heard-of players. Solihull Moors and Gateshead also inflicted big defeats on Chesterfield away from home, by dominating the game with both skill and hard work.

Like others have said on here, I will be happy to still have a team to support - preferably with an owner who is not a full blown shyster, someone with some interest in football rather than looking for a way to line their pockets.

Anyhoo all the best to you in the Championship, knock'em dead especially Nathan-Judas-Jone's Stoke City...!!!

Last edited by pravda_plc; 05-07-2019 at 01:30 PM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789