+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Meanwhile Peter Pawlett

Meanwhile Peter Pawlett

Is still injured from last season and wont be ready for the match v Hearts

I've got the 'Fyvie' feeling regarding this one unfortunately...

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I've got the 'Fyvie' feeling regarding this one unfortunately...
    #metoo

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Is still injured from last season and wont be ready for the match v Hearts
    That's a long term injury then. I can't remember what it was though. Hope he's gonna get fit soon as possible and STAY fit for a season. Can he do that? I have my doubts. Has yet to prove himself in Tangerine.

From the Tele

Dundee United don’t expect to have attacker Peter Pawlett back in time for next week’s Betfred Cup opener at Premiership Hearts.

The former Aberdeen man finished last season taking injections in a knee in order to keep playing as the Tangerines took part in the promotion play-offs.

And the problem was still hindering him when the players reported back for pre-season a week ago.

Initially, United thought it would clear in time for that opening competitive fixture at Tynecastle but, although the 28-year-old has been able to do some running, they’ve been told he will be out a week or two longer.

Calum Butcher, Ian Harkes and Argentine new boy Adrian Sporle, who all also missed the opening pre-season friendly at East Fife on Saturday, will be involved in this weekend’s double header against Brechin and Dumbarton.

However, it’s likely to be around the time of the Hearts clash on Friday week before Pawlett is ready to resume full training and his lack of work so far will rule him out.

“Harkes and Butcher will do a full week’s training and be available for Friday but Peter will probably be a couple of weeks after that,” said boss Robbie Neilson.

“He’s still feeling the effects of the injury he got in the play-off. We hoped it would have cleared up but the feedback we’ve got is it will probably be another two or three weeks before he’s ready.”

Full-back Sporle missed the 1-1 draw at New Bayview after feeling muscle tightness towards the end of a hard first week in Scotland and was not risked against the Fifers.

“Adrian trained on Friday morning and towards the end of the session he began to feel a wee bit tight in his thigh and his calf,” explained Robbie.

“He’s travelled halfway round the world and then come straight into a tough few days training, so it was not worth the risk for the sake of 45 minutes and he will be OK for this weekend.”

As for Saturday’s runout, Robbie was pleased to see his players get back in action after their summer break.

“It was about getting the cobwebs outs of their legs, as many as possible getting 45 minutes and avoiding injury and we did that. So it was good.”

He took a very bad tackle against ICT and played next 3 play off games by taking injections.

You can see him running in the background of the Asghar interview so it’s nothing serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    He took a very bad tackle against ICT and played next 3 play off games by taking injections.

You can see him running in the background of the Asghar interview so it’s nothing serious.
    I remember that tackle now you mention it. Thugs they are.

As long as he is fit for league game one, cup games are for fitness levels only as far as i am concerned.

Should take time needed to get fit and healthy. We have strong cover in that position

League the priority and we have a strong squad

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)