+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Count down

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Well we appear to be coming to the end of yet another silent week. Beyond a joke now.
    Every man jack of us is absolutely pished off with our current state of affairs.

Either sell the club or put it into admin, Hardy you 4kin tw4t!!!

The only bit of hope I can place is Ardley hasn’t walked yet. Maybe he’s on the look out for another job and why not keep earning a decent wage but then I wonder if he had actually met the potential owners as reported and really believes in them. Can someone please pass me those straws that are going around.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    The only bit of hope I can place is Ardley hasn’t walked yet. Maybe he’s on the look out for another job and why not keep earning a decent wage but then I wonder if he had actually met the potential owners as reported and really believes in them. Can someone please pass me those straws that are going around.
    I wouldn't put too much hope on that situation, there are currently no managerial vacancies in the top 5 divisions,even if there were i doubt his recent record would have clubs queuing up for him to take over and he is reportedly a high earner for a L2 manager never mind a NL one, put yourself in his shoes,would you walk or keep turning up and taking the wages?

The positive i see from him being still there is that he has a lot to prove now after his last 12 months his stock is low, if he is to continue on as a football manager after Notts he's going to have to do something pretty spectacular to attract any interest otherwise it'll be time to find a new career.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I wouldn't put too much hope on that situation, there are currently no managerial vacancies in the top 5 divisions,even if there were i doubt his recent record would have clubs queuing up for him to take over and he is reportedly a high earner for a L2 manager never mind a NL one, put yourself in his shoes,would you walk or keep turning up and taking the wages?

The positive i see from him being still there is that he has a lot to prove now after his last 12 months his stock is low, if he is to continue on as a football manager after Notts he's going to have to do something pretty spectacular to attract any interest otherwise it'll be time to find a new career.
    Yeah true and agree but with the previous and current state of the club he could easily dismiss his performance to a potential club and TBF he did very well at Wimbledon given his budget. I have a feeling we will hear something Monday, not based on any info.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Well we appear to be coming to the end of yet another silent week. Beyond a joke now.
    Given that AH said he was confident that the sale would be done before the 10th, did anyone seriously expect any news before Monday at the earliest (and probably not until Tuesday)? It’s human nature and common business practice to leave everything to the last minute. Look at what happens on transfer deadline day. I never expected any interim statements about progress either, after reading last Monday’s statement.

We can only be patient and wait for something on Monday, Tuesday or (hopefully not) Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post
    Given that AH said he was confident that the sale would be done before the 10th, did anyone seriously expect any news before Monday at the earliest (and probably not until Tuesday)? It’s human nature and common business practice to leave everything to the last minute. Look at what happens on transfer deadline day. I never expected any interim statements about progress either, after reading last Monday’s statement.

We can only be patient and wait for something on Monday, Tuesday or (hopefully not) Wednesday.
    Try not to be so patient and sensible it upsets the worriers and drama queens

Quote Originally Posted by Frigiliana Pie 1 View Post

Don't expect any news at all as I don't trust Hardy when it comes to telling the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Don't expect any news at all as I don't trust Hardy when it comes to telling the truth
    With all the predictions of whats going to happen if we're not taken over by wednesday no-one has mentioned yet that Hardy might somehow have begged/borrowed/stolen the money to pay the tax bill in full. which would be frustrating!!

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    With all the predictions of whats going to happen if we're not taken over by wednesday no-one has mentioned yet that Hardy might somehow have begged/borrowed/stolen the money to pay the tax bill in full. which would be frustrating!!
    I think we can quite safely say that isn't going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I think we can quite safely say that isn't going to be the case.
    expect the unexpected,i wouldn't put anything past the man

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast