+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrow evening at 5:30.

Really enjoyed today. A good turn out and a scraped win in the end for the millers. Star man Ben Wiles 53 not out, knocking 6's all over the show. Think that lad could turn his hand to owt.Also that other Rawmarsher Mat Hamshaw decent with bat and ball. Richie Barker good as wkt keeper and handy with bat. Smith and Crookes were decent with the ball and it was a good job they balled the last few overs to stop them winning. Crookes also looked useful with the bat.I don't know if its me but I'm sure Crookes has grown 6" since last season.

One final point all the lads looked very fit.

Oh and a good turn out for a nice day for a worthy cause. Well done all!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 05-07-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    How did upper haugh get relegated to the doncaster and mexborough league? ��
    Back in the days I started the pitch was a field full of sheep with a fence to keep them off the wicket. They literally did have a pot to piss in, it was masquerading as a toilet. Players and families back in the mid-late 70s worked long hours on lifting turf, leveling (with landfill rubble) and relaying the turf. The clubhouse didn't have running water or electricity. It's come a long way since then.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Really enjoyed today. A good turn out and a scraped win in the end for the millers. Star man Ben Wiles 53 not out, knocking 6's all over the show. Think that lad could turn his hand to owt.Also that other Rawmarsher Mat Hamshaw decent with bat and ball. Richie Barker good as wkt keeper and handy with bat. Smith and Crookes were decent with the ball and it was a good job they balled the last few overs to stop them winning. Crookes also looked useful with the bat.I don't know if its me but I'm sure Crookes has grown 6" since last season.

One final point all the lads looked very fit.

Oh and a good turn out for a nice day for a worthy cause. Well done all!
    Probably hard to estimate roly old pal, but if you were to guess how many do you reckon turned up?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Ben Wiles is decent at cricket. )
    Like I said......Ben Wiles is decent at cricket !

Well done to everyone concerned, a good few hours for everyone and the Charity concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Back in the days I started the pitch was a field full of sheep with a fence to keep them off the wicket. They literally did have a pot to piss in, it was masquerading as a toilet. Players and families back in the mid-late 70s worked long hours on lifting turf, leveling (with landfill rubble) and relaying the turf. The clubhouse didn't have running water or electricity. It's come a long way since then.
    Now the new housing estate has been built next to it that club could be a bit of a gold mine if they do it right.

My late father in law ran the bar about 12 years ago! A few of the old committee members didn't want it to change back then. I think it is getting a bit more with the times now!!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Probably hard to estimate roly old pal, but if you were to guess how many do you reckon turned up?

I would guess between 1200 and 1500 grumps which I'm sure the hospice would be pleased with.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Yes, now got a housing estate within a hooked 6 range

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I would guess between 1200 and 1500 grumps which I'm sure the hospice would be pleased with.
    Bloody hell, thats an amazing turn out. Might not even get that many tomorrow. Although I am detecting a real buzz in the air, so perhaps pushing 2k tomorrow. Im even taking mrs grumps to parkgate (on the promise we'll visit that mew micro pub in romish afterwards).

Glad you enjoyed the cricket roly. And like you say, gotta be good for the hospice.

See what others think Grumps I was never that good at Maths! its always a bit hard to tell when you have people round the boundary. there were a lot of families with young kids there.

Parkgate FC ground at Roundwood has a max capacity of 1425

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast