+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brechin City v Dundee United 5/7/19

Brechin City v Dundee United 5/7/19

For this game friendly or not I would start with a strong line up and look to go for as big a win as possible in order to give the teams confidence a boost with the league cup kicking off in 8 days. No point in going 2 or 3 up then switching off in my opinion.

Experimenting with the line up shape is also an option as there is nothing at stake, particularly a line up with 2 up front and I would go 4132 with the line up:

Shankland Clark
    Robson C.Smith McMullan
    Butcher
    Sporle Reynolds Connolly L.Smith
    Seigrist.

There alternative tweaks such as Sow for Clark or Harkes for Butcher that can be made for example.

I am struggling to think of who else to put at left midfield/wing at the moment so Robson for now as he played there if I recall correctly towards the seasons end. Ideally a far better and permanent option is signed this summer.

Some of the younger player such as Mochrie, Glass or Banks can get 15-20 minutes off the bench although they can get more time against Dumbarton along with those starting on the bench or not involved at all.

These games are all about getting players game time to improve their match sharpness, that's all that matters I'd say. So, the more players that get some time on the park the better.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    These games are all about getting players game time to improve their match sharpness, that's all that matters I'd say. So, the more players that get some time on the park the better.
    I agree Terry. And it's not about how many goals we score. Brechin City have been good enough to provide us with a worthwhile warm-up game & it would be disrespectful to go home having gubbed your hosts. This game will be along the same lines as the 1-1 draw at East Fife on Saturday. Maybe a wee 3-0 for us with plenty players getting a run-out & no injuries will be a good compromise.

It was not meant to be about being dismissive of Brechin but more about wanting the strikers confidence high and on form.

I seem to recall one big criticism last season was not scoring enough and only wining games by one when the margin should have been greater.

Brechin and Montrose are my two favourite Angus sides, although I like Arbroath and Forfar as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    I agree Terry. And it's not about how many goals we score. Brechin City have been good enough to provide us with a worthwhile warm-up game & it would be disrespectful to go home having gubbed your hosts. This game will be along the same lines as the 1-1 draw at East Fife on Saturday. Maybe a wee 3-0 for us with plenty players getting a run-out & no injuries will be a good compromise.
    sorry but thats nonsense, f uck them, pump f uck out of them and build up confidence, Real done it for years, play small teams, horse them and get the momentum going

stop being so f ucking soft, no chunt likes us anyways so why the f cuk should we we care when we do?

Shankland injured?

He's on the bench. Would imagine he'll start tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by PartyFears2 View Post
    Shankland injured?
    He is on the bench tonight so hopefully he gets 15-20 minutes tonight. Then a longer run out at Dumbarton tomorrow.

Was impressed with everyone tonight, passed and kept the ball well and ran Brechin ragged at times. Everyone played their part.
    Thought the trailist Pablo Ganet done really well and looks like he could be a player. Thought Liam Smith done well along with Stanton and Bouhenna too. Albeit against a lesser opposition but signs are promising. Looked extremely fit as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)