+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stendel agrees with owd man in Sowerby Bridge

Stendel agrees with owd man in Sowerby Bridge

In his post Stalybridge Press Conference (on Official Website) Daniel looked p1ssed off and ez sent art a message to the owners--do what that owd man in Sowerby Bridge ez been saying for weeks and ffs sake bring a couple of Championship owd eeads in rather than just this load a kids. Shades of the Hecky pre season plea after the Rotherham pre season game when he was in despair at the hand he had been dealt to cope with the Championship.

He knows what's needed does Daniel but will the computer say NO ?

This load of kids would have stayed up if Hecky hadn't treated them like sh1te.

It's obvious SB after our last championship campaign under Hecky/Morais as thaz already alluded to. Absolutely no lessons ev bin learned, wiv ignored the warning signs and proceeded to replecate the summer of 2017 and heap a looad o inexperienced signings on Herr Stendel. He'll end up looking like an amateur.

Let me get this clear. It's nowt against these boys whatsoever, nubdys sin em laik but am sure they'll give it their all and that's all I ask. The thing is that we are buying potential here and hoping for a minor miracle. If they're good enough we may survive, who knows? However, with all due respect I'd suggest we will be relegated again, not because of ability but because we don't have the necessary nous in this league.

It's simply asking too much of em to step up and get results. A couple o owd eeards in theear changes the picture, It's that simple. We must also bear in mind that our head coach isn't championship experienced either. Again, am not knockin him. He's done a reight job for me laikin some good football. I hope he can work his magic in the Championship.

Thing is, a couple o owd eeards helps us art just evvin em ararnd squad and laikin some games alongside these kids. When Danny Wilson singed Thompson, Wilkinson and the like he added great experience to that squad to work with our promising younger players and help manage em along. If experienced players are still hungry then we are on to a winner. The board shows faith and judgement in young players, why can't they do the same wi a couple o owd laikers. It's for their benefit surely.

Phil Jagielka is a free agent, training wi Burnley at moment. 36 year owd and been a very good pro over the years. Perfect foil fo our new center aifs in my opinion. Gerrim signed up on a 12 month deal. It's not gonna brek bank and can be reviewed next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    This load of kids would have stayed up if Hecky hadn't treated them like sh1te.
    He can't o tret em that bad Steve, some ev gone to Hibs to laik forrim

Thadda thought the lesson wudda been learnt in 2017/18. Ugbo to partner Bradshaw up front and a load mooar wi no Championship experience.The panic button was pressed in Jan 2018 bringing in five players with experience--McBurnie, Moore, Mills, Pinillos, Mahoney. Apart from Mills the rest cudda helped us stay up wi a decent manager. Unfortunately Goat brought in Morais.

Daniel ez to start ageean coaching a new inexperienced defence at this level and who knows if any midfield or strikers will go before 8th August. It's deja vu all ovva ageean. Here's hoping not many other key players go and Daniel legs it in frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thadda thought the lesson wudda been learnt in 2017/18. Ugbo to partner Bradshaw up front and a load mooar wi no Championship experience.The panic button was pressed in Jan 2018 bringing in five players with experience--McBurnie, Moore, Mills, Pinillos, Mahoney. Apart from Mills the rest cudda helped us stay up wi a decent manager. Unfortunately Goat brought in Morais.

Daniel ez to start ageean coaching a new inexperienced defence at this level and who knows if any midfield or strikers will go before 8th August. It's deja vu all ovva ageean. Here's hoping not many other key players go and Daniel legs it in frustration.
    Hecky had Thiam who he wouldn't play up front with Bradshaw because he wasn't fit. Just how was Thiam supposed to get fit on the bench?

Answer Hecky had no gnads and wanted to play 4-5-1. He sent his best two midfielders out on loan after one had a stinker on the wing ffs. The other was hung out to dry after the Cardiff City debacle.

Also of Hecky's doing.

Thiam worra stone overweight Steve and couldn't last 60 mins when he arrived and as we've seen last season, wo just abart good enough for league 1 ni mind championship. It wouldn't surprise me if Stendel went defensive this season with the cards he's bin dealt, especially if Woodrow or Moore get injured

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Hecky had Thiam who he wouldn't play up front with Bradshaw because he wasn't fit. Just how was Thiam supposed to get fit on the bench?

Mama ed 29 appearances in the Championship season 2017/18 Ponte and scored 1 goal, a scuffed penalty at Millwall.

The bloke is ovvaweight and unfit, can't last past 70 mins and is a liability at Championship level. A dunt blame Hecky fo not rating him. Mama found his level in the Third Division.

I take everybody's views on board and some very good points are made , however as it stands right now the team taking the field tonight would be

----------------- Collins ----------

Cavare --- Anderson ---Halme ---Pinillos

Brown ---Mowatt ---McGeehan ---Thiam

-------------Woodrow ------------- ,,Moore ------

Two new additions in central defence and a new goalkeeper , not ideal I'd agree but far from the heart n soul getting ripped out of the team .

The midfield and up top remain as they were last season .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I take everybody's views on board and some very good points are made , however as it stands right now the team taking the field tonight would be

----------------- Collins ----------

Cavare --- Anderson ---Halme ---Pinillos

Brown ---Mowatt ---McGeehan ---Thiam

-------------Woodrow ------------- ,,Moore ------

Two new additions in central defence and a new goalkeeper , not ideal I'd agree but far from the heart n soul getting ripped out of the team .

The midfield and up top remain as they were last season .
    It's a good defence of our current owners/recruitment policy Animal but that teeam wud get ripped apart three games arta five at Championship level . Wi that lot I can see ivvry 5 games would be W 1 D1 L 3 and ovva 46 games wid get W 9 D 10 L 27 = 37 pts = relegation.

I'm with Daniel, get sum experience in.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 04-07-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast