+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stendel agrees with owd man in Sowerby Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I take everybody's views on board and some very good points are made , however as it stands right now the team taking the field tonight would be

----------------- Collins ----------

Cavare --- Anderson ---Halme ---Pinillos

Brown ---Mowatt ---McGeehan ---Thiam

-------------Woodrow ------------- ,,Moore ------

Two new additions in central defence and a new goalkeeper , not ideal I'd agree but far from the heart n soul getting ripped out of the team .

The midfield and up top remain as they were last season .
    It's a decent team in fairness. Unfortunately av a feeling wi far from finished with selling our players this summer. Tekkin central defence and keeper art who all had championship experience is a big hole to cover up. Lets hope our new boys can hit it off

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's a good defence of our current owners/recruitment policy Animal but that teeam wud get ripped apart three games arta five at Championship level . Wi that lot I can see ivvry 5 games would be W 1 D1 L 3 and ovva 46 games wid get W 9 D 10 L 27 = 37 pts = relegation.

I'm with Daniel, get sum experience in.
    What everyone is forgetting SB with all due respect is that the 3 defensive amigos all wanted away from the club , didn't want to be here .

The club offered Pinnock a decent enough contract to remain here , I can't make a case for blasting the club on this matter this time .

Agree with you about experience but I'd be amazed if that happens to be honest .

What everyone is forgetting SB with all due respect is that the 3 defensive amigos all wanted away from the club , didn't want to be here .

The club offered Pinnock a decent enough contract to remain here , I can't make a case for blasting the club on this matter this time .

Agree with you about experience but I'd be amazed if that happens to be honest .
    Thee and me booath want to see the club succeed and gu darn to Oakwell to enjoy the stuff on offer.

These present owners are pillakin fans into believing that "success" is four year contracts so we can sell at a significant profit after two years. We are meant to applaud the "business model" of making profits rather than success on the field.
    What happened to the ambition of retaining our better players, gradually adding a couple each year to strengthen and gradually pushing up the league ?

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It's a decent team in fairness. Unfortunately av a feeling wi far from finished with selling our players this summer. Tekkin central defence and keeper art who all had championship experience is a big hole to cover up. Lets hope our new boys can hit it off
    In fairness Pass, there’s not many of that starting 11, that will be sold. Not saying anyone else won’t just can’t be many left as most have either just signed or resigned.
    That said I can’t believe we are going to pay £3-5million on this Kone to not be a starter which could raise a question about Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thee and me booath want to see the club succeed and gu darn to Oakwell to enjoy the stuff on offer.

These present owners are pillakin fans into believing that "success" is four year contracts so we can sell at a significant profit after two years. We are meant to applaud the "business model" of making profits rather than success on the field.
    What happened to the ambition of retaining our better players, gradually adding a couple each year to strengthen and gradually pushing up the league ?
    I'm as suspicious as a suspicious person from suspiciousville SB with regard to these owners but I've no solid proof as yet as to them doing anything detrimental to the club that aids their own personal wealth .

They could have sold Pinnock in January to Brentford but they didn't , they also offered him a substantial contract to remain here , I suspect they could have sold a couple more too but held firm and we got promoted .

I wish I knew what their motives are but the fact remains they haven't done anything yet untoward .

I said on another post I don't want their money , we live and die under our own steam and if that means another stint in league one then so be it .

The first time I see solid evidence these owners are profiting personally to the detriment of the club then they won't see a round coin of my money till they are gone .

In my eyes Animal no player wants to be here once they establish themselves. We are merely a rung on their career ladder. Yes our defensive trio wanted away but in a years time Mowatt, Woodrow, Cavare, Moore etc will be probably turning darn new contract extensions and we'll be saying the same abart them. It's just a big game at the end of the day.

There's a degree of ambition from the board in the tune that contract offers are apparently made, but obviously not lucrative enough in most cases to keep players here that enable us to push us on the extra step like say Brentford have done. It's yo-yo time for BFC these next few seasons in my opinion. We'll turn in a large profit through sales but not make any progress on the pitch.

In my eyes Animal no player wants to be here once they establish themselves. We are merely a rung on their career ladder. Yes our defensive trio wanted away but in a years time Mowatt, Woodrow, Cavare, Moore etc will be probably turning darn new contract extensions and we'll be saying the same abart them. It's just a big game at the end of the day.

There's a degree of ambition from the board in the tune that contract offers are apparently made, but obviously not lucrative enough in most cases to keep players here that enable us to push us on the extra step like say Brentford have done. It's yo-yo time for BFC these next few seasons in my opinion. We'll turn in a large profit through sales but not make any progress on the pitch.
    A true statement maybe revealed if this Kone lad from Dynamo Dresden arrives here .

From what's been reported the lad will smash our record transfer fee by some considerable distance .

I take the point he may well be Moore's replacement but if Moore's head is in China and mega bucks then there's little point keeping him here , not to mention he's a bit to prove in the championship .

Any sale is disappointing but I'd rather focus on the lads coming in who want to be here and in my honest opinion there's a shift from our normal marketplace , not substantial but none the less a shift .

Quote Originally Posted by lk311 View Post
    In fairness Pass, there’s not many of that starting 11, that will be sold. Not saying anyone else won’t just can’t be many left as most have either just signed or resigned.
    That said I can’t believe we are going to pay £3-5million on this Kone to not be a starter which could raise a question about Moore.

I'd like to think that nobody else will be sold mate but our players being under a longer contract won't stop offers coming in from other clubs. We await to see if any offers would be accepted should the offers come in

A true statement maybe revealed if this Kone lad from Dynamo Dresden arrives here .

From what's been reported the lad will smash our record transfer fee by some considerable distance .

I take the point he may well be Moore's replacement but if Moore's head is in China and mega bucks then there's little point keeping him here , not to mention he's a bit to prove in the championship .

Any sale is disappointing but I'd rather focus on the lads coming in who want to be here and in my honest opinion there's a shift from our normal marketplace , not substantial but none the less a shift .
    Fair point mate

Fair point mate
    Breaking our record transfer fee and attempting to buy a striker from a club who average over 28k in Germany would appear to be a shift from our normal marketplace .

There's a lot riding on this for the owners on a number of levels and I sincerely hope they can pull it off .

We will see of course .

If this kid proves to be a success it places him potentially in the £14m club which drastically changes the dynamics for the club regarding future recruitment .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 04-07-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12