+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bradley Johnson

Bradley Johnson

Now I am not doubting his quality,but do we genuinely need to go for him?we are swimming in midfielders.
    The thought of going into next season with the same defence worries me.

We still haven't spent any substantial cash, Robin. That's the key. Johnson and Downing represent experience in what is potentially a very young squad.
    I don't expect to see them both on the field at the same time very often, but I do think their arrival means we won't see so much of Smallwood, Evans and - possibly - even Bennett.
    My guess now is that we will actually be paying real money for a centre-back, a centre-forward (and, of course, a keeper, if Raya leaves). To be honest, I'd be quite happy with Hanley, but he seems to have gone off the radar.
    One major problem, though: no-one's selling at the moment, except to PL clubs!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 05-07-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Welcome aboard Bradley Johnson
    A player I still am not sure we need but will come in handy I am sure over the course of the season.

[QUOTE=robinrover;39261674]Welcome aboard Bradley Johnson
    A player I still am not sure we need but will come in handy I am sure over the course of the season..
    Yes been a very good player for us Particularly in 2019 I'm sorry to see him go Lot of fans never gave him credit(you know the idiots that all clubs have ) He will do really well for you he's very strong good in the great rocket of a left foot Never really won our fans over because they still live in a dream world of Hendrick Hughes and Bryson in midfield I was very impressed with your team last season and your adding well in this q now I think you have a great chance of top six Mowbray great guy great manager My team it's another rebuild so not expecting much

Thanks misteram. Appreciated the comments. I like Johnson, he is the exact type we need to be bringing in. We have a batch of quality young lads all coming through, so we need this type of experience.
    Bennett was his best mate at Norwich. So he highly recommended him. Not as a player, as we know his qualities. As a person. It's important we bring in the correct type aswell.

[QUOTE=mistaram;39261829]
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Welcome aboard Bradley Johnson
    A player I still am not sure we need but will come in handy I am sure over the course of the season..
    Yes been a very good player for us Particularly in 2019 I'm sorry to see him go Lot of fans never gave him credit(you know the idiots that all clubs have ) He will do really well for you he's very strong good in the great rocket of a left foot Never really won our fans over because they still live in a dream world of Hendrick Hughes and Bryson in midfield I was very impressed with your team last season and your adding well in this q now I think you have a great chance of top six Mowbray great guy great manager My team it's another rebuild so not expecting much
    Thanks for that. He could solve one of our problems. We have some old heads in midfield, but the two main ones were part of a set-up that TM is now trying to leave behind. I think we're all hoping Johnson will provide a bit more positivity, in terms of attacking from central midfield. As the others have said here, too, some of our youngsters can only benefit from having players like Johnson and Downing on board.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)