+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red squirrels off the bucket list ....

Red squirrels off the bucket list ....

Name:  Screenshot_20190704-163136~2.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  18.9 KB

Whilst strolling through Shanklin minding my own business I heard some rustling to my left in the trees and **** me if there wasn't only a red squirrel jumping around the tree,I managed to get a 20 second video of it but it won't upload so I've had to take a screenshot but it's not clear,I honestly thought that I would never see one,chuffed to bits

Nice one Chalky. What’s next?

I'm going to do a tour of Cumbria and Scotland in the near future,both are places of great beauty that I've sadly overlooked over the years,I couldn't believe how nice Keswick and the surrounding area was and would love to revisit it,I've had the Falkirk wheel.on the list for years but haven't had the time to do a tour of the area and I want.to visit a reptile house so.that I can hold a large snake,the bigger the better plus I've never seen an eagle and hold one of those if possible,I'm sure that Alf once told me somewhere that his Mrs went to but I never got around to it,then there's witnessing Notts being the first non league team to win the FA Cup this season,lots more but one at a time

I’m often in Keswick, Chalky, in fact I’ll be getting my hair cut there tomorrow. It’s the only way I can get a young nubile bint to run her fingers through my hair nowadays. Try and get to the Osprey viewpoint at Dodd Wood if you get a chance; they’re at a bit of a distance but worth a look as they’re much rarer in the UK than red squirrels. The walking around there is also incredible, as is Borrowdale. Take a boat if you can’t be bothered to walk. After that you’ve seen it all so no point going to Scotland (sorry Buc).

I tried to get to the osprey point at Dodd wood the last time that I was there griff but I couldn't find it (I think I got lost) and was knackered when I came back,I might stop overnight there as it looks like a decent place for a drink

Erm,why do you have to get your hair cut in Keswick,have you a bit of a reputation with the local female hairdressers in Carlisle?

I don’t live in Carlisle Chalky, I’m 24 miles away and much nearer Cockermouth. I prefer Keswick as there’s better shops and cafes, it’s quite compact and the lake views are stunning if you can be bothered to walk down. Dodd Wood is opposite Mirehouse (where the Lake Poets used to hang out). It’s about 3 or 4 miles from Keswick beside the A591 which leads towards Bothel and on towards Carlisle. The viewpoint overlooks Bassenthwaite, the only lake in the Lake District.

3 or 4 miles from Keswick! No wonder I couldn't find the it the last time that I went there,why would I walk that far when I've got a perfectly good car to take me,do you think that I got to Keswick from Nottingham by foot,no I drove there,it certainly is a beautiful place though Griff,most of the posters on here seem to be very lucky with where they live,you,buc,rab and Frank all have beauty surrounding them in different ways (not kel of course),having lived in the inner city all of my life and rarely seeing the best parts of England until I was in my 40's im a tad jealous

Anglia in summer is truly wonderful,the a10 from Cambridge to Kings Lynn is a delight with good music on the cd. I have never visited the Lake District Griff, and have wanted to for a long time. Can you recommend a hotel or something for two adults and two dogs in a scenic place?

Didn’t expect you to walk Chalky, that’s why I told you which road to take. There’s a cafe and car park there so you’re quite well catered for.

Frank, I haven’t a clue about hotels that take dogs, it’s not summat I’ve ever bothered about, not having a dog myself. Keswick is very dog-friendly though, try something there. It’s a 5 to 10 minute walk down to the lake but well worth it. Some folk go to Keswick on the ale and don’t even know that there’s a lake there.

RAM IT, we of got Hollingworth Lake.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)