Get your very own personalised Doonhamers Chat gifts!
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Daniel Pybus

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079

    Daniel Pybus

    This guy is a bit of a mystery to all of us I'd guess so I tried a Google search of him. Look at these two tweets
    regarding him. I'm not saying that his stay here will be short but it could be. Read the second one first as I have put them in wrong order.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 04-07-2019 at 04:08 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    252
    Been training with us for 2 weeks, surely AJ must have seen something in him as he knows budgets are tight. So I am hopeful

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,090
    What concerned me most was that he has only had eleven appearances in the last three seasons according to his Wikipedia page.(Not always the most reliable source I know)
    That said I am happy to trust the judgement of AJ and his team and hope it proves a successful signing.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    I'm not suggesting anything about this guys ability, I dont know what he is like and that's not the point I was making anyway . I just found it interesting that he signed for a team and the contract was ripped up in 4 days as he moved on again.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 04-07-2019 at 11:31 PM.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I'm not suggesting anything about this guys ability, I dont know what he is like and that's not the point I was making anyway . I just found it interesting that he signed for a team and the contract was ripped up in 4 days as he moved on again.


    i was getting excited with this signing ,but never researched him ,gotta say dont like what i see hear ,but he must be doing alot right in getting signed up for contracts ,so im guessing the guy might have decent ability but could be a bit of a bad yin to have around ,there must be something amiss looking at his career ,leon knight signing springs to mind with this lad ,but as i say he must be showing talent to get signed up with contracts so im hoping we have got a gem here prob a rough diamond that needs polishing .

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,436
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i was getting excited with this signing ,but never researched him ,gotta say dont like what i see hear ,but he must be doing alot right in getting signed up for contracts ,so im guessing the guy might have decent ability but could be a bit of a bad yin to have around ,there must be something amiss looking at his career ,leon knight signing springs to mind with this lad ,but as i say he must be showing talent to get signed up with contracts so im hoping we have got a gem here prob a rough diamond that needs polishing .
    The lad has been training with Queens for two weeks and was an absolute stand out from the rest. Thatís maybe why AJ has signed him.
    Try reserving judgment until youíve seen him play please.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,060
    Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The lad has been training with Queens for two weeks and was an absolute stand out from the rest. Thatís maybe why AJ has signed him.
    Try reserving judgment until youíve seen him play please.
    Quite right Aloreburn, give the lad a chance.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    I think this thread has turned away from the original point I was making. As said, let's hope the lad is indeed a 'rough diamond' and gives us something we lack. A geordie boy I believe.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I think this thread has turned away from the original point I was making. As said, let's hope the lad is indeed a 'rough diamond' and gives us something we lack. A geordie boy I believe.

    yes jr my thoughts aswell ,tho the doom and gloom brigade have came on and added there twist of things lol .

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,961
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    i was getting excited with this signing ,but never researched him ,gotta say dont like what i see hear ,but he must be doing alot right in getting signed up for contracts ,so im guessing the guy might have decent ability but could be a bit of a bad yin to have around ,there must be something amiss looking at his career ,leon knight signing springs to mind with this lad ,but as i say he must be showing talent to get signed up with contracts so im hoping we have got a gem here prob a rough diamond that needs polishing .
    Interesting comments Francis , what exactly have you heard ? Why is he a bad yin to have around ?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Interesting comments Francis , what exactly have you heard ? Why is he a bad yin to have around ?



    eh what you going on about a bad yin to have around ,read the whole comment that is not anywhere near what im saying atol .could be a bit of a bad yin to have around i said ,just looking at his career theres obviously something happening why he doesnt stay around the one club for too long ,only common sense would suggest there must be something amisss somewhere 5 clubs now in 1 year 10 apps in total ,your guess is as good as mine iv pointed out 3 comparisons that he could be ,,A ROUGH DIAMOND ,COULD BE A POTENTIAL GEM THAT OTHER CLUBS DONT SEE ,,OR COULD BE A PLAYER WITH ISSUES . dont jump to conclusions and place me in one camp saying that he is a bad signing .iv already pointed out that magic has obviously thought he has something and i hope he is a player for us .
    Last edited by Francis_begbie_HFC; 05-07-2019 at 05:55 PM.

  14. #14
    im defo in the open minded camp i defo dont like what i see 5 clubs in 1 year with 10 apps ,ripped up a contract to go to a norweagan 4rth tier team ,anyways i hope he turns out to be a top player for us .

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    7,079
    To be honest, dont see anything wrong with Dougals comments now he's explained them. Things looking up for us . We have a highly rated keeper along with Holt, Semple ( when fit) Dobbie . Brownlie came back well at the end of season, Kidd is versatile , decent and Oliver is young but played a lot of Championship games. We will not be rated by others but we like to sit under the radar and it suits us.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    734
    Notice that Pybus scored today. There is a you tube clip of some of his goals. Appears to comfortable on the ball. Hopefully he will be a really good signing.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Notice that Pybus scored today. There is a you tube clip of some of his goals. Appears to comfortable on the ball. Hopefully he will be a really good signing.


    yep i seen he scored from 18 yards today ,hopefully we have a gem in this pybus lad .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •