+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: very happy ........

very happy ........

Johnson signs.
    Extremely happy we are signing quality Prem experienced and Champ experienced players like him.
    A real coup for us. We beat lots of other sides around us to get him. Very clever signing, for every young inexperienced player we need to bring through we also require a strong experienced presence with them.
    Downing, now Johnson will be perfect.

I am actually really happy so far, I think we are doing great business. In a market where the vast majority haven't signed anyone.

I have been speaking with a good contact quite close to the club, and Venky's main message to TM was they are heavily investing in the academy and have been for sometime. We need them to be playing. We are baby sitting too many.
    The likes of Butterworth, Buckley, Brereton, Chapman, Wharton aren't kids who aren't shaving, if this was the 80's or 90's they'd have been playing already, if they weren't good enough, they'd be down playing for Bury.

Next season is about playing the young lads, and seeing who will make it, who wont.
    Harry Chapman is the biggest example. He HAS to play from the start of the season, to build up confidence. And it will go one of two ways. He will either come on, and be a superstar. Or turn out to be a flop.
    And we HAVE to aim for the top 7 or 8. Which I think its easily achievable. We simply cant have another spell like last season, that bad run went on far too long.
    We desperately needed an upgrade. Smallwood, Evans etc may not be required anymore. We now have too many midfielders. You can't keep everyone happy and involved. So time to make some cut backs.

I still feel we need a striker. Personally I dont think we need another Centre half if nobody goes. Maglorie should be good enough to challenge. Williams and Lenhihan are fine. Charlie can be back up with Maglorie. Full backs are fine, cover for them is fine. As long as we keep all our key players.

This could be an exciting season ahead, we are making some astute signings, to compliment the lads ready to play in the first team. I dont feel we are aiming for play-offs, but we should be aiming for over 70 (plus) points.

I get where you are coming from champs but I feel we are still lacking in the defensive department.
    We badly need a centre half and just what if nyambe or bell get injured?
    Williams and Bennett cannot do the roles required.
    I am far from getting excited yet.

I think as Champ full backs go, both we have are young, and good enough. And have the ability to keep improving.
    We cant expect to have even better waiting in the wings, as we could not attract them.
    Lenihan and Williams played the final 6 games, and we won 5. I think they are fine. Hanley won't come back to not play. I think we where asking about him, if Lenihan left.

The question is if we had injuries.
    Is mulgrew good enough?no
    Is our youth defender's good enough to step up?probably not.
    We have no right or left backs good enough to stand in if injuries hit.

Bennett can play RB. Williams can play LB.
    Mulgrew maybe ok, as long as he isn't depended on every week. Maglorie should be ready. Let's get him in and around that first team. Wharton probs wont make it, he's spent too long in the lower divisions. And hasn't improved enough.

If this new keeper arrives, Darlow, and we get Gallagher at the right price, personally I don't think we need anyone else. And if be happy. This is a big season for 3/4 young lads. To nail down a first team place, like Tacos last season. Too many being brought in, would stagnate that process.

Travis! Not sure who that Tacos is? A Mexican maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Travis! Not sure who that Tacos is? A Mexican maybe?
    Champs, apparently we are also signing two central Americans called Tortilla and Quesadilla.
    Should spice up the midfield.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)