+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Positive re squad size

Positive re squad size

One positive regarding our small squad, only 5 subs are named in the national league vs 7 in the EFL...

Now, where's them straws?

Quote Originally Posted by Pie1862 View Post
    One positive regarding our small squad, only 5 subs are named in the national league vs 7 in the EFL...

Now, where's them straws?
    Good call i hadn't thought about that, i think its a positive that we've finally had to strip back the playing staff to bare bones, f we are going to come back it was needed we've been carrying too many players for too long which is part of the reason why we're always in so much debt

Why worry about the number of subs when you're struggling to name a starting eleven?

Happy days!

Quote Originally Posted by Livid View Post
    Why worry about the number of subs when you're struggling to name a starting eleven?

Happy days!
    It doesn't matter how much you keep moaning about it,we'll still have to put out the best 11 we've got on the first day

From today's web chat:

With every hour that passes we get nearer admin/liquidation, imo.

David: Have there been any rumours about meetings with potential owners today or at the weekend? It seems the club is running out of time fast before the deadline.
    Hi David, I’ve not heard anything about meetings today with new owners or even one that is planned. Yes the club is running out of time. Alan said the club would be sold before July 10 and it’s the fifth now. If we get to Tuesday and there is still no news then Wednesday becomes one of the biggest dates in the club’s history. I would think if there is no deal done come Tuesday at the latest, then the club has to be placed into administration to avoid going out of business altogether. The tax bill hearing has already been adjourned twice. Bolton had their hearing adjourned twice before the administrators were called in. If there is no deal for Notts, and the club isn’t in administration, and the club goes to court, then it depends on the judge. Either it’s liquidation or he agrees to another extension. From what I’ve been told, the judge does not have the power to place a club into administration. In Bury’s recent case, their supporters’ group hired a financial firm that then used solicitors to oppose the winding-up order to allow a rescue package to be completed. Make no mistake these are incredibly serious times. But an extension would merely prolong this saga a bit more, and everybody is just sick of it now. The club would still not be in a position to make signings and it would take them up to another payday near enough and the staff still haven’t been paid their last lot of wages.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-live-3057646

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    From today's web chat:

With every hour that passes we get nearer admin/liquidation, imo.

David: Have there been any rumours about meetings with potential owners today or at the weekend? It seems the club is running out of time fast before the deadline.
    Hi David, I’ve not heard anything about meetings today with new owners or even one that is planned. Yes the club is running out of time. Alan said the club would be sold before July 10 and it’s the fifth now. If we get to Tuesday and there is still no news then Wednesday becomes one of the biggest dates in the club’s history. I would think if there is no deal done come Tuesday at the latest, then the club has to be placed into administration to avoid going out of business altogether. The tax bill hearing has already been adjourned twice. Bolton had their hearing adjourned twice before the administrators were called in. If there is no deal for Notts, and the club isn’t in administration, and the club goes to court, then it depends on the judge. Either it’s liquidation or he agrees to another extension. From what I’ve been told, the judge does not have the power to place a club into administration. In Bury’s recent case, their supporters’ group hired a financial firm that then used solicitors to oppose the winding-up order to allow a rescue package to be completed. Make no mistake these are incredibly serious times. But an extension would merely prolong this saga a bit more, and everybody is just sick of it now. The club would still not be in a position to make signings and it would take them up to another payday near enough and the staff still haven’t been paid their last lot of wages.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...t-live-3057646
    Leigh Curtis doesn't know anything so puts a negative slant on things. Sure we are quickly running out of time but I don't think his emo kid style reporting is helping the fan base. Earlier in the week, the post got it right but it seems to be a bit hit and miss at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Leigh Curtis doesn't know anything so puts a negative slant on things. Sure we are quickly running out of time but I don't think his emo kid style reporting is helping the fan base. Earlier in the week, the post got it right but it seems to be a bit hit and miss at the moment
    I'm not his biggest fan but I think everything he said was spot on, in 5 days Notts County could no longer exist! What do you want him to say? Let's all go to the Winchester for a pint?

To be fair I think he has it right this time. We currently have 4 potential outcomes:

1. Club is sold before Wednesday. I think this is looking much less likely as time passes.
    2. Club put into admin. Most likely outcome if club not sold so I would say this is where we are heading.
    3. Liquidation. If either of the above don't happen then fear the worst.
    4. Court extension. As Scoop says, unlikely to get one but if it did happen it just prolongs the agony.

Liquidation could potentially come from a couple of means. Either through the winding up order or through voluntary liquidation by Hardy. If we don't have a buyer by Wednesday it will be a question of what suits him best, admin or liquidation?

I'm not a betting man but if I was I think I would lump on for admin.

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffthewalls View Post
    I'm not his biggest fan but I think everything he said was spot on, in 5 days Notts County could no longer exist! What do you want him to say? Let's all go to the Winchester for a pint?
    I'm not expecting him to be happy but he says he's not heard of a planned meeting and then goes on about how bad the situation is in his eyes. He doesn't even know the names of the group so he's hardly going to know what's going on is he? That's my point

I think Curtis is correct in what he has reported he hasn't claimed to know anything and like the rest of us it is pure guesswork.

We do still have a warm weekend to enjoy first and if you think its bad now this place is going to be in meltdown on Monday if we don't hear anything.

I guess for most fans it is hard to be positive and nobody wants the L word to happen but at this moment in time you cannot rule it out & as fans we are powerless to do anything.

Roll on Wednesday I say.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast