+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Raya leaves.....

Raya leaves.....

Deal almost done. Good luck to the lad. I wish him well in his next venture.
    £3m is a very good price for a keeper who can't kick, can't handle crosses and conceded a stupid amount of goals last season. He was never the same after his bad injury sadly. TM lost all faith in him, I think there was a falling out after this. TM has never come out in public and said anything negative about a player, yet he did with Raya. Thats telling.

We will NOT have let him to go to Brentford unless we have a better keeper lined up, we are not stupid. And TM is one of the most astute around. In the next few days I fully expect Hart or someone better than Raya to come through the door.

Clearly all our hard work over summer is all ready to drop now, deals are finally getting finalised and we are ahead of the other clubs in that aspect.
    I think by the end of next week, we will have almost all our deals done, apart from any potential loan from a Prem club.

As always, every single person Alan Nixon has linked us with, was complete garbage.

What I will say, I dont feel all of that was Raya's fault. It was nieve to expect Raya to be number one with no keeper around to challenge. So he was hung out to dry on that aspect. Any injury or loss of form was going to mean we where badly exposed. Raya however cost us well over 15/178 points last season. Which for a club like us, is too many. Good shot stopper, that's about it.

3 million though
    Not enough in my eyes.

He is a below par Champ keeper. Not sure we can command much more.
    I think £3m is alot tbh.

Raya seems to get a huge variety of reactions from Rovers supporters.
    I am, essentially, a "don't know".
    There are flaws in his game, as we all acknowledge, but he is still very young for a keeper. My concern is whether we are likely to get someone who is significantly better.
    I've read the thread about Darlow, but I don't think there is any guarantee he is a big step up.
    This is going to rebound very badly on TM if it turns out that Raya has a blinder of a season.

Hope we have a big sell on clause

I was at Brentford last season when he conceeded 5. 3 of them where his fault. 1 was pathetic.
    That club are paying us £3m for his services.

I think we will just about survive without him.

Best of luck with your future endeavors David raya.
    Champs hopefully we can secure ruddy or darlow in the next few days.
    Need to get them up and running before the Charlton game.

Do you think we'd let him leave if we didn't have someone better lined up? Looking at all of TM's transfers and business since he walked in?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)