+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Notts County - Protest - Saturday 06/07/19

Yes good luck. "When good men do nothing...." Ever heard that saying? Who on here has
    Written to A Hole
    Written to the FA
    Posted a comment anywhere other than here.
    Written to the MP who has done her best to raise the issue with A Hole.
    Left it to others
    You get my drift I'm sure. Any protest raises the profile of this, oh so, crucial issue. I really don't think so many of you realise what might happen in a few days time. Some clearly do but many are perhaps expecting a miracle. Not going to happen I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This. I don't think today's meetup is a good indicator of whether our fans care or not. Many think it's not only a waste of time but potentially damaging to our cause. And many more don't even know it's happening.
    The reason i use this forum and not the fb or twitter groups is because you guys are a genuine cross section of the hardcore fans that have been around the block a few times with the club, a quick scan of the facebook chatter and you can right away tell these are generally fans that have a passing interest in the club, they talk big and act angry, like a lot of people do on those platforms but when push comes to shove they are all talk/text.snappy angry soundbites to get a reaction from others.

I would imagine the ring leaders are fans who genuinely care,who wanted to do something rather than nothing and i wouldn't be surprised if they were at one time posters on here but they chose their fight and their army poorly.

As predicted yesterday it's turned out to be an ill thought out cringe worthy effort which doesn't really move the conversation or action forward any.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Yes good luck. "When good men do nothing...." Ever heard that saying? Who on here has
    Written to A Hole
    Written to the FA
    Left it to others
    You get my drift I'm sure. Any protest raises the profile of this, oh so, crucial issue. I really don't think so many of you realise what might happen in a few days time. Some clearly do but many are perhaps expecting a miracle. Not going to happen I'm afraid.
    I think we are all well aware of what may happen

Living in a village threatened by the fracking industry I'm well aware of the phrase:-

"Do nothing,.....Wake up in a Gas Field"

For that reason I'm not knocking those who turned out today. If contacts were made, friendships established, Media spoken to etc, some good will have come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Written to A Hole
    Written to the FA
    Left it to others
    https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...e-urge-3062295

just seen the video of the 30 odd fans who showed up....#goosebumps #passion

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    #goosebumps #passion
    #hardyout

https://twitter.com/hashtag/hardyout

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Uh ohh, a petition AND a hashtag. **** just got real.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    This. I don't think today's meetup is a good indicator of whether our fans care or not. Many think it's not only a waste of time but potentially damaging to our cause. And many more don't even know it's happening.
    I fully understand why fans want to protest and make their feelings known. Fair play to them for turning out on a wet morning.

The one thing I’m unsure about is the timing of it. A statement was given earlier in the week and the court hearing is on Wednesday. So we are kind of in no mans land.

Also some of the possible outcomes of Wednesday can be predicted with a rough but educated guess;

1.) A takeover is completed the HMRC bill is paid and the club is saved. Ideal scenario as the club can then move forward and prepare for the coming season.

2.) The club is given a further extension and for arguments sake let’s say until early August due to Notts proving that a takeover is on the horizon. The Bolton hearing was adjourned three times before they went into administration. Notts have had two adjournments.

3.) If things are that bad the club files for administration prior to the hearing to avoid liquidation and to save it. The club starts the season in the National League but with a points deduction and it operates under a transfer embargo even if a takeover is done later. Not ideal at all for the on the field affairs but better than no club.

4.) The court say enough is enough and liquidates the club. The clubs membership of the National League is revoked. All office staff and players leave. The club as we know it ceases to exist and the gates of Meadow Lane are locked. I’d like to think this is a doomsday scenario and really do hope it would be the least likely of the four possible outcomes I’ve mentioned.

In conclusion whatever happens this week is a defining moment in the clubs history and could set the club on a course that could have an impact on it for many months or years to come. Fingers crossed for a takeover in time.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 07-07-2019 at 07:19 AM.

So we have the unedifying spectacle of people trying to raise money to pay the wages of staff at the club, players not paid etc, and a further court appearance due to NCFC non payments to the Inland Revenue/HMRC (How many other businesses can get away with not paying HMRC? - A seperate question)

So on Wednesday at the High Court I presume the club will be represented by a legal team? So who is paying for the legal team?

Seems to me we are able to pay out sums of money to pay lawyers to represent in court to avoid paying HMRC while our own staff go unpaid? It makes me ashamed quite frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I think we are all well aware of what may happen
    Seemingly not, I'm afraid. Too much griping against each other. Do nothing and see where it gets you.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast