+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Notts County - Protest - Saturday 06/07/19

Notts County - Protest - Saturday 06/07/19

It is still planned to go ahead with our protest at Meadow Lane from 11am on Saturday morning. The Trent Navigation have informed us that they are opening at 10am if anyone wants to meet up for a chat over a drink or breakfast beforehand. Some supporters will be departing on a coach to Nuneaton at around 12.15pm so that would seem a good time to wrap up the protest and disperse. The rest of this announcement concerns IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION so please read as if you are planning to join us for the protest your cooperation with this would be very much appreciated.🙂

Following contact from Notts Police we have had productive discussions with both them and the Notts County Safety Officer over the last couple of days. Both were very constructive and recognise that we have a right to conduct a protest but have asked that the following important safety advice be passed on to those planning on attending:
    1. People should keep to the paved area adjacent to the Jimmy & Jack statue and ensure that they stay off the nearby roads for their own safety.
    2. The protest is intended to be a peaceful demonstration against Alan Hardy's stewardship of the club with the aim of getting further media coverage about the concerns of supporters. It is essential that we conduct ourselves accordingly and do not try to enter the ground, cause any criminal damage to facilities or abuse Club staff. We are there to protest against Hardy but to support the Club and the loyal staff who are continuing to do their jobs under very difficult circumstances.
    3. It is suggested that we steward the event in order to seek cooperation regarding the above. If anybody would like to volunteer to help with stewarding then please message Dave Wakefield or myself. Stewards will be identifiable by wearing high visibility yellow vests.

Finally, for those making the onward journey to Nuneaton for the pre-season friendly a reminder that it is a criminal offence to try and enter the playing area so please be sensible with any protests there as you wouldn't want to be issued with a football banning order and miss out on all the fun of the the upcoming season would you. Also we have received a request direct from supporters of Nuneaton asking us to emphasise that the only Club any such action would affect is Nuneaton Borough. They could be fined by the FA and it could also cause damage to their pitch, which they have worked really hard to raise funds to overhaul this year (work that we've been unable to afford for the previous two years). As such the Nuneaton fans, who are otherwise fully supportive of our protests against Hardy, would really appreciate it if we would keep off of their pitch.🙂

Thanks to everyone supporting the protest and for your cooperation with making this peaceful and safe for everyone. Unless anything changes see you outside Meadow Lane on Saturday.

ALL NOTTS AREN'T WE!

https://www.facebook.com/events/2049612282001207/?ti=cl

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the protest or the match on Saturday, but I'll be supporting you from sunny Coalville.

ALL NOTTS AREN'T WE!

Quote Originally Posted by dave210371 View Post
    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the protest or the match on Saturday, but I'll be supporting you from sunny Coalville.

ALL NOTTS AREN'T WE!
    pointless protest,i'll laugh my ti*s off if hardy announces a takeover this evening
    Last edited by bridpie78; 05-07-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    pointless protest,i'll laugh my ti*s off if hardy announces a takeover this evening
    Then it's a celebration!

Like that will happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its embarrassing and cringey, what are they expecting to happen Hardy to come out and give a speech?

Its embarrassing and cringey, what are they expecting to happen Hardy to come out and give a speech?
    No, I think they're hoping for a bit of media coverage to put pressure on Hardy to give a few answers.

I won't be there, but good luck to those who are.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    No, I think they're hoping for a bit of media coverage to put pressure on Hardy to give a few answers.

I won't be there, but good luck to those who are.
    If only Hardy used social media to let us know all his thoughts, what we need is a tweet or two

TBF that't exactly the kind of thing he would do!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    TBF that't exactly the kind of thing he would do!
    yeah i suppose you're right i wouldn't put it past him to be lowered from a chopper on a rope into the crowd to make an announcement

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast