+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dons v Rovaniemi

Oot

Pre - On holiday

Post - On holiday

1-1

I think we will have to do the business in the 2nd leg. We don’t do things the easy way anyway. Our biggest summer signing will score our goal (Ash Taylor).

Oot

Pre - on a beach in Turkey

Post - in a bar in Turkey

2-0 Leigh, Cosgrove

In

Y, or my ain seat in V, beside the world’s leading pessimist, if it pishes rain

Pre - mnay

Post - modern

2-0 (Heikkenen og, Pantylining og)

Not easy to guess the team, given the various injuries &/or players not being fit for 90 mins.
    The likes of McGinn, McLennan & Wilson aren’t fit to start & last 60.
    Bryson won’t be fit.
    Leigh went off & apparently couldn’t put weight on his ankle.

Given all that...

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Ferguson Campbell
    Gallagher Hedges Wright
    Cosgrove

Subs; Cerny, Virtanen, Taylor, Main, McGinn, McLennan & Wilson

Prediction?
    1-0 Dons.
    Cosgrove (pen).

Maybe a newly signed midfielder making the bench instead of Virtanen.

In/Oot - the usual for me

Furryboots - Red TV International

Pre - Grafting, to try and keep a roof over our heads and put some scran on the table, needs must and all that as long as i can keep the wolves from the door, will do what needs to be done.

Post - ma cot pushing up zzzzzzzz's

Prediction - 0-0 or 1-0 the Finns (ohhhhh derek McWinless)

I was thinking there must be a plethora of pant pishers that expect us to get beat due to the usual pish patter about half empty vessels but so far there's only three that think we'll get beat/draw.

As long as we are sharp enough then we'll win comfortably. It's only the first round after all and we have group stage ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I was thinking there must be a plethora of pant pishers that expect us to get beat due to the usual pish patter about half empty vessels but so far there's only three that think we'll get beat/draw.

As long as we are sharp enough then we'll win comfortably. It's only the first round after all and we have group stage ambitions.
    Those in the know( turf accountants/exchange market reps) tend to get the predictions right, mind you, it is their job, anyway, with this I’ll go with their prediction and we will go thru, might not be comfortably though as the days of wanting to draw a Scandinavian team or one from Luxembourg etc. are long gone as has been reflected with Scottish sides pitiful attempts over recent years.

Looking forward to the game and hopefully more in Europe once I return from overseas in a few weeks.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Those in the know( turf accountants/exchange market reps) tend to get the predictions right, mind you, it is their job, anyway, with this I’ll go with their prediction and we will go thru, might not be comfortably though as the days of wanting to draw a Scandinavian team or one from Luxembourg etc. are long gone as has been reflected with Scottish sides pitiful attempts over recent years.

Looking forward to the game and hopefully more in Europe once I return from overseas in a few weeks.

SF
    The days of being confident that any Scottish team progressing onto the next round of Europe is well and truly over. I will be fairly chuffed if we get through this round. No way are we reaching the group stages with this management.

Well, I'm glad that we have had none of the "it's only the Finns, we'll thrash them" type of rubbish.

Hopefully we get through comfortably but no entitlement is a good sign.

I'm surprised we haven't had a visitor from Finnland on here, has anyone tried to find á Rovaniemi website?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    The days of being confident that any Scottish team progressing onto the next round of Europe is well and truly over. I will be fairly chuffed if we get through this round. No way are we reaching the group stages with this management.
    Indeed, afc heritage is a great site and over the years you can see the transition of results, a decline in ours sadly, however it goes hand in hand with other Scottish sides and obviously our national team......FFS....21 years and counting!! let’s just hope we can do it, I’ll attend with my “made ups” on Thursday and then try and stream the 2nd leg whilst away.

SF

Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast